“very disapointed”

Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Ilion, New York
“very disapointed”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I and my family having been staying at this motel for years. This year was just a terrible experience, every year I take my daughter for a Christmas present to a Bills game. I don't even know where to begin, first of all the mattress stained what looked like feces on the wall, our room was not serviced properly. The topper was that the room next us, there were 3 women staying, whom by the way said they were having a rehab get together, evidently rehab didn't work for them. Anyway being a game weekend we were on the balcony visiting with other Bills fans, and the girls next door joined us. The one girl became irrate and actually charged at my daughter and put her hands around her neck. I was in disbelief, the Bladsdell police came and took her away. Before them arriving she had smeared pepperoni and cheese all over my daughter's car. The woman also destroyed the room they were staying in. It was a scary experience, and I feel the motel did not handle it well at all. We went for our annual trip to a game, and I wanted to write this so other families will never have to endure the awful stay that we had. Also, after spending hard earned money for a mini vacation and have it turn out like that. I would think motel would of returned our money, this is no way to run a business. I am planning on following through with this being looked into, as I would not want anyone to have such a thing happen to them.

Room Tip: Please travelers search on.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lisa s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I recently stayed here for about a week and i can say great for price. The workers were nothing but nice and chatty. Rooms were very clean, except for some random blood on my pillowcase. There were also ants that bite real hard. My baby had a huge painful bite after i pulled it off him. It wouldnt let go.

The breakfast was a joke. The bagels are only raisin and seasame. They offer mini muffins and the bagels and standard oj and coffee. But you better get there early. Although the friendly staff says you may take as you wish.
So much potential. But just doesnt cut it. I thank the staff a thousand times for being so nice to me and my kids.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank steennfriends
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Typically I make it a point to avoid Econo Lodge motels/hotels. Let's just say that I've had a few bad experiences. When my husband decided at the last minute that he wanted to travel to Niagara Falls for Labor Day I had a really hard time finding a hotel that was available and under $200 in the area we wanted to stay in. It doesn't help that a standard hotel room just doesn't work for my family of five anymore. After reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor of the property, I decided to take a chance and reserved the last room that offered 3 double beds. I knew from the pictures that the property would be dated but my utmost concern was cleanliness and safety. Econo Lodge South met and exceeded my expectations on both counts. Is the property dated? Yes, but it has had some improvements. My kids were thrilled that our room actually offered two rooms with two TV's. When my husband and I were ready for bed we closed our door while the kids stayed up playing games on their phones and watching TV. A win-win for all of us. The front desk attendant was very nice. The room was extremely clean- and I'm very picky. We were very comfortable. I wouldn't have any qualms about staying here again. Another perk is that it offered easy on/off access to I-90.

Room Tip: If you have a large family, the room with 3 double beds is the way to go.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TheTravelingPraters
Damascus, Syria
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The Econo Lodge actually in Blasdel, New York just south of Lackawanna is in a great location. It is on Milestrip Road just off the New York State Thruway and located quite close to the large and sprawling Quaker Malls!! You have a great selection of restaurants in the immediate area which is quite nice.

I guess I am used to a newer type of hotel / motel, as this is what I remember Motels to be like back in the sixties and seventies!!

The rooms are very small yet some how efficient and clean. The bathroom was very small but functioned well. The room ac was a bit loud and the room curtain did not close completely. The ice machine on the ground floor was working well, so all-in-all everything at this motel was functioning, except that bloody curtain.

The most negative was the lack of security...I simply did not feel safe in the room or the parking lot. Nothing happened but it was the 'sense' of an insecure nature about the entire property. It did not help to see a police car at the reception desk upon checking in...I said to myself "oh boy what am I doing"? False alarm as the police officer was simply booking a future room for a relative.

The "European Breakfast" was nice if you enjoy sweet donuts, the hot water for the tea was hot!! The best part of this stay was the price!! Very, very reasonable, again it reminded me of the prices used back in the sixties and seventies!!

Room Tip: I think the second floor rooms are better as on the ground floor you have the car headlights floodin...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ThomasfromDamascus

Travellers are raving about these Buffalo hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Room was clean and comfy with a king bed. Nothing fancy, just a table and tv in the room. The internet worked flawlessly. Lots of parking spaces available even though we checked in @ 11pm. Not much of a breakfast though...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bradford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Have stayed here a couple times a year for several years now and while nothing fancy, it's a good, convenient place to stay. Quality of rooms is about what you would expect for the price, but location to shopping, etc. is very good and desk staff is ALWAYS quick and friendly. Rooms not always as clean as they could be, but have not found any major issues. A couple of times there have been people partying in neighboring rooms and parking lot but we called the desk and problem was taken care of promptly. Nice restaurant right next door and several more for every taste in very short driving distance. Ground floor rooms are very spacious.

Room Tip: decent place for the price
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nothappy52244
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2012

thought I would try one more time..after some very good experiences at econo lodge: smelly room, but clean......turned on the fan...no microwave in room nor in breakfast area...sad! no fridge in room.... room was clean,old style tv...ok internet service( on/off) no vpn connect....stay tuned for further comments

Room Tip: clean and quiet request,,,restaurant side, not the truck parking lot side
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business