“Worst ordeal ever”

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Brook Park
“Worst ordeal ever”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We checked into this hotel about 5:30 p.m. and went to dinner with family in the area. When we got back, our room was occupied by other people. Our key didn't work and then the door opened from the inside. There were 2 other people in our room, laying on the beds, with our luggage and belongings in the room. The front desk didn't feel we should be angry or upset about this. They gave us another room, right next door to the original one, and that key didn't work. We then had to go back to the office, which is not attached to the hotel, once again to have them reactivate the keys. After all this, we decided to go stay somewhere else because we felt that something may happen to our vehicle. The front desk person was not helpful and didn't understand why we were upset. This was to be for my 30th anniversary. I would NEVER stay here again. They didn't even offer to discount our room when we were still willing to stay there. All we got was a hard time and a threat to call the police because we finally were yelling. The front desk person kept interrupting while we tried to talk, then told my husband that he couldn't even finish a thought. He told her if she didn't interrupt 6 times maybe he could. She then interrupted him again and laughed about it. Totally unprofessional. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Laura H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Big clean rooms pleasant staff. Close to Ralph Wilson Stadium and shopping. I would recommend this motel to anyone. Right off the I90 Lots of places to eat. Sports bar next store, but quite at night, I will stay again for the next game

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
San Jose, California
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I chose this hotel based on other travelers' reviews and the price. I can't believe these prices around Buffalo, especially in what seems like off-season. When first I drove in, I realized that my wife and I had stayed here about 10 years earlier, and I asked myself "Oh, why did I reserve this place?" But I was pleasantly surprised to find a nice clean room. Apparently the room had been upgraded recently because the carpet was in excellent condition, and there was new wallpaper throughout. The wallpaper was a surprise to me for a relatively low-cost hotel. I never understood why anyone would put wallpaper in a bathroom with all the damage that moisture can do.

My room was very small. It was OK for one person, but because I reserved the lowest priced room, I can't really complain. It would be a real challenge for a second person because with someone sitting at the desk there was no space to walk between the bed and the desk chair. There was also minimal counter space at the wash basin, which I found less than convenient. As if this room wasn't small enough already, I asked for a refrigerator, which barely fit into the room. They didn't even plug in the refrigerator, and I had to move it slightly so that the cord would reach the outlet.

Overall, I'd stay here again because of the price if I had to be in the Buffalo area and couldn't find any other reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
ELLWOOD CITY
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Definitely not a fancy place but very nice for the money. Clean, comfortable, and a breakfast too. This hotel is very handy to major highways with easy on and off access. There are many eating establishments in the area as well as shopping malls and movie theaters. We find ourselves making reservations here regularly when we travel north especially to Niagara Falls. Being only an hour away, it is a great stopover.

Room Tip: No pool or extra activities but this is a great sleeping place for the price. We stay here often on...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ANTHONY R
Gta
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Even if desperate staying overnight in vehicle a better option. Even though our room was non smoking it smelled of smoke. One bed was unmade, bathroom dirty, toilet was not cleaned, garbage not emptied. Only redeeming quality is the sports bar next to it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Buffalo hotels

Right here
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed there for one night. When we walked into the room, we were hit by a musty, sweaty odor. It seemed to be coming from the AC unit. We sprayed it with Febreeze and set out some air fresheners to cover it up. The carpets were dirty. I noted a pile of bugs under the headboard (see pictures). I guess the vacuum doesn't reach under there. Cob webs all over. The toilet overflowed and flooded the bathroom floor. Fortunately, I did not see any evidence of bed bugs.

We definitely got what we paid for. A cheap, dirty hotel. I will NEVER stay there again!

Room Tip: Want a good room...go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SP692013
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for just a shopping trip to Buffalo. The hotel is about 15 minutes drive from the Galleria Mall. We chose it because it was the cheapest we can find last minutes over a weekend in July. It worked out to be around $75 (including taxes) when booked directly with the hotel.

We checked in late but the staff were very happy to greet us. The location was quite but we can occasionally hear our neighboring guests walking down the hall (the walls are not the thickest).

In the bathroom, we noticed both of our shower towels were dirty! It has some sort of yellow stain on them..... when we asked the front desk for replacement, they showed us that they had no more bath towel and gave us two hand towel. It did the job but surely didn't leave us with a good impression.

The breakfast the next morning was served from 6-9 and the staff filled the breakfast area until way past 9AM. There were however only 3 tables to sit in the breakfast area so most guests had to take their food and return to the rooms. The breakfast only included bagels, muffins, pastry, coffee, juice (apple and orange), and oatmeal.... there's nothing more (not even milk).

So bottom line, if you need a cheap place to crash and don't expect the most quite room, the cleanest towels, nor a great breakfast, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SammiBoi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
Adam's Mark Buffalo
#11 of 24 in Buffalo
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
Best Western - On The Avenue
Hilton Garden Inn Buffalo Downtown
Red Roof Inn Buffalo - Hamburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Downtown Buffalo

Been to Econo Lodge South? Share your experiences!