“Worst Asian Food I've Ever Had”
Review of Asian Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Asian Buffet
Ranked #66 of 106 Restaurants in American Fork
Cuisines: Asian
Highland, Utah
“Worst Asian Food I've Ever Had”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I recently stopped for lunch having received in the mail an advertisment from Asian Buffet showcasing their buffet. Talk about gross misrepresentation!!! The food was cold, poorly presented, bad tasting, offerings less than advertised and an extreme lack of attention by staff. For instance, the patrons in the booth next to me told their server/wait staff that the chocolate pudding on their plate wasn't eaten because it tasted sour and suggested to the wait staff that it should be removed from the buffet or at least tasted to determine a course of action. Well, the wait staff person did absolutely nothing. She removed the patron's plate from the table and placed in the nearby bin for dirty dishes. She made zero effort to remove the chocolate pudding from the buffet or serve herself to taste it. My eyes didn't leave her to see what she was going to do. This to me, apart from the horrendous quality and taste of the food, put me off on this place.

No consideration of any level of customer service was offered. This patron was trying to do this business a favor by alerting them of a potential situation like food poisoning because of improper temperature storage of the pudding or old/sour milk was used.

This place needs to be inspected by some sort of food inspector because I think worse will be found in the kitchen.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank AirportWorker

“Disgusting”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Where do I begin... the service was horrible, they don't care. MOST IMPORTANTLY- The food... cold, slimy, rubbery, HAS BEEN SITTING THERE FOR DAYS. It was actually shriveled up. PASTRIES HAVE MOLD- do not eat them!! . I had a hard time filling half a plate of things I dared to eat. It really was, truly disgusting. We left hoping we wouldn't get sick. There is no way the food is up to code on this place. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. $30 later and we left still hungry. I want to throw up just thinking about it. The guy at the front desk was very rude as well.

• Visited June 2013
American Fork, Utah, United States
“Asian food- great variety”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Great Asian buffet foods, as well as a sushi bar, and a Mongolian-type BBQ bar, which is my favorite, where you pick your ingredients and they fry it up for you.

Visited October 2012
Lehi, Utah
“Buffet Asian food, some tasty dishes”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Well stocked Asian buffet, with lots of choices. There are also a few desserts, and a few of the more exotic choices like calamari, mussels, and sushi all included in the buffet price.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank SeanM409
Spokane, Washington
“FOOD POISONING BUFFET”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I went to this place with my husband and sat down before looking at the food...big mistake.
All of the (hot items) were room temperature or colder. Some of the food tasted rotten.

We only had a few bites of the food before we decided the food was not worth the risk of getting sick.
We told the manager that the food was cold and he told us we needed to scoop the food from the bottom, well in most cases the food was already on the bottom.

He went and checked the burner on one of the food items and said that the burner needed to be turned up. He told us he could reheat the food in the microwave and I told him..NO THANKS. I don't want food poisoning, Im not going to eat anything. So he let us leave.

Well 12 hours latter both my husband and I had the worst diarrhea and stomach cramps.

I wouldn't step foot into this place again if it were the last restaurant on earth.

• Visited August 2012