Mill Street Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$239
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$247
Hotels.com
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$277
Grace Vanderbilt(Newport)
US$673
Travelocity
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstownhouse suiteexposed brickcontinental breakfastold millchocolate covered pretzelsbagelsrooftop deckmy husband and ifree parkingno elevatorafternoon teasqueezed orange juiceseparate bedroomcookiessmall hotelturn down servicebathroom shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Well located just a block off busy Thames Street and a block over from Queen Anne Square and Trinity Church. This is a surprisingly well appointed, repurposed grain/mill/warehouse that retains much of the original exposed brick, beams and stone work.

Free parking, while tight, is a huge plus for parking challenged Newport. The reception staff was pleasant and well informed about local attractions and activities. I must comment on the breakfast offering, particularly after reading some of the previous comments: The selection of breads, pastries, yogurt, fruits, smoked salmon, fresh juices, hot beverages...with no hovering of someone trying to "turn tables" was uniquely "delicious" and extensive for an inn with no full kitchen service!

I understand from management that several refurbishment projects are in the works for furnishings
and amenities going forward. Can't wait to see the results on a return visit

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I had such an amazing stay! The location in Newport is wonderful. The entire staff was pleasant and extremely attentive to our every need. To top it off, the delicious free breakfast was the icing on the cake. We can't wait to return later this summer!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My wife and I came to rhode island to vist family after a long search we deciced to stay at the Mill Street Inn, I can say enough enough about this Inn!!! we has read reviews and thought not everyone can be pleased and how right we were! we were greeted by the Frontdesk Manager Siren and she was so welcoming, we told who the staff was for our entire stay and told if we needed anything just call, when she walked us to our room she informed us it was just re-done, once my wife got in our room we saw a welcome letter from the General manager Caron Rivera Nice touch in all our travles we have never seen that, the Studio suite we were was SPOTLESS, and the bed a dream, we awoke to go to breakfast and to our surpise we dined on fresh fruit, Salmon, bagles pastiers and the best esspresso machine better than starbucks, our plates were cleared for by a wonderful girl named Jill, upon returning from exploring Newport that the staffed helped us plan out mansions and places for lunch we were greeted and welcomed back by a young lady named Noah who helped with dinner suggestions. which turned to be great, all in All my wife and I were pleasantly SURPISED and glad we deciced to book there and may I add we recicved a Thank You email , in this day and age where do you get that. All I can say is WEll Caron Rivera and staff WE WILL BE BACK!! and we will send friends and family to you. The MIll Street Inn is A special place with a great staff. Thank you for a Great Stay

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mill Street Inn for the first time and had a wonderful experience. We travel to Newport at least four times a year and have stayed at many of the hotels in town. This time we decided to try Mill Street based on the great reviews and convenient location. We were not disappointed. We stayed in a townhouse suite, which was spacious and comfortable. Our suite had a deck with a nice view, a comfortable bed, fun coffee table books and tasty jellybean turndown treats. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating and made our stay enjoyable. The complimentary breakfast was perfect (uncommon in Newport as most places charge) and we were pleased to have free parking (also uncommon). The afternoon cookies and tea were also a nice touch. Mill Street is our new go to hotel in Newport; we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2013

First off I wish I read the recent reviews before coming here. Simply put, the inn is a rip off for the price. And if the general manager, Caron, treated me nicer than this review would be quite different. She should not be in the service business.

Do not stay in the townhouse suite. You walk into a downstairs room that is musty, small, and dark. Then upstairs is no better. The room was not clean with the sliding glass doors filthy and the deck is a joke. From sitting in the chairs you can't see over the side, and each deck is right next to your neighbor's - no privacy and it's old and tired looking.

Thank goodness we were able to get a deluxe suite instead because I would have just forfeited my deposit and left if no other room was available.

This was a bit better as the 2 rooms were side by side and the ceilings are high. However, this room as well needs TLC and some stain remover. There was also noise from a baby and neighbors that woke me up two times in the middle of the second night.

The continental breakfast was ok but the breakfast room is dank and the carpet is horrendously dirty. We went elsewhere to eat the second day.

It's just not what you would expect from a small luxury hotel designation and for $400 plus a night. Very disappointing.

I decided to speak to the manager, to give her the opportunity to make things right - this was a waste of my time. The general manager could have cared less. Her justification was: Newport is an expensive town, the rooms are going to be painted soon and we provide free parking, so too bad. She didn't say too bad, however she did not offer to make it right in any way, which basically is the same as too bad.

We stayed only 2 of our 3 nights and found Pearl's boutique hotel around the corner for almost half the price (parking included - wow!) and beautiful.

I felt sorry for the staff at the Mill Street Inn, as they just sit there looking like deers in the headlights not knowing what to do when people complain about their experience.

Oh, Caron did give me $50 off one night since they misquoted the deluxe suite, which, in my opinion and in the opinion of the front desk manager, Siren, should have been $100 off for the mistake for two nights that we stayed. This $50 off was not because they recognized the short comings of their inn. Save your money and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple