“Beautiful Views of the Water!”
Review of Ocean Drive

and up
Newport Mansion Tour Along Ocean Drive
Ranked #2 of 110 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: The marked scenic route along the dramatic Atlantic shoreline that circles Newport.
Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Beautiful Views of the Water!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I’m a photographer so I thoroughly enjoyed the water views on Ocean Drive. The houses were of course impressive but almost too much of the same thing and lost my interest fairly quickly. I’m honestly amazed that people have so much money to waste on a summer home. I just kept thinking about all the people that struggle just keep a roof over their heads and how the people that owned these homes could have no idea what goes on in the real world. The natural areas were in my opinion what made this drive worth the time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
New York
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Majestic Views”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This is a must do when you visit Newport. The mansions are gorgeous and so much fun to look at and compare. The ocean is nothing short of spectacular. Driving and seeing the awesome views is so enjoyable. There are plenty of places to park and walk along the shore. Our children love climbing the rocks and experiencing the wonderful scenery. Great place for our dog as well :-)

1 Thank tjkm
Madison, Wisconsin
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Huge Houses-Great Seascape”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This would be at the top of my list when I make a return trip to Newport. The mansions are unbelievable and the scenery beyond the homes is breathtaking. This is one of those don't miss seeing attractions. Newport surprised me and I will be making a return visit. Very fun!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Dennis M
Warwick, Rhode Island
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We have been to Newport many times and we finally were able to drive on Ocean Drive. The views of the ocean were wonderful but the views of the private mansions were awesome! Very glad we ere able to finally drive this road.

Medway, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beautiful New England Oceanside Drive”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

This was surprisingly beautiful and there were many places to pull over and take in the view. My son had a blast walking across the rocky shoreline and watching the waves crash around him. Next time I will pack a picnic so we have an excuse to stay longer.
If you're a photographer you'll really enjoy the easy access to some amazing shots/views.

1 Thank VacationHopeful