“Relaxing, comfortable, modern -- a perfect getaway”
Review of Forty 1⁰ North

Forty 1⁰ North
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Relaxing, comfortable, modern -- a perfect getaway”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We decided to go to Newport for a mini weekend getaway. We only stayed for one night, but I wish we stayed for more! The quality of the rooms were perfect and the amenities were beyond our expectations. The design of the hotel rooms is so beautiful - from the layout, to the decor, to the quality of the furniture, etc. The entire hotel staff was so kind and helpful - showing us to our room, offering to make dinner reservations at a nearby restaurant, answering any questions that we had. The rooms are also equipped with an iPad and an iPod Touch which were amazing and SO useful (and eco-friendly too!) Also close to all of the downtown shops and restaurants, so it's super convenient. I'd highly recommend this hotel - I can't wait to go back when the weather is warmer so that we can use their outdoor patio!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EBumactao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Centrally located near everything you could possibly want..Water, restaurants, shopping, historic sights..
Wonderful staff welcomes you upon your arrival and tries to accomodate your every wish..Dan, Sean, Matt, Erin and so many more always had a smile and offered their assistance..Breakfast and lunch were delish..Our room was stunning..fireplace, flat screen and a shower I didn't want to leave..Top shelf liquors placed stunningly on your personal wet bar, a fully stocked fridge and tempting snacks..It was a very relaxing 3 day stay, in spite of some rainy weather..We would love to return during summer season..

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karma110251
South Windsor, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Just came back from the most amazing experience at 41 North! My boyfriend surprised me with this little getaway for my birthday! The second we pulled up to 41 North, a gentleman greeted us and took our bags and parked the car. He explained to us that our room wasn't ready which was certainly not a problem for us because we were 3 hours early and had plans to spend the afternoon exploring Newport and grab lunch. Fifteen minutes later after leaving the valet area, we got a call telling us that our room was ready! Amazing! Walking into 41 North is unlike anything i've ever seen. The decor was so modern, unique and beautiful! the staff was amazing! it was as if they were waiting for us and couldn't wait to serve us. Amy brought us up to our room and the valet attendant already beat us there and had our bags nicely placed in our room. The room was incredible! between the ipad, ipod, tv, fireplace, full bar, balcony, beds and bathroom! it was just amazing. the beds were the most comfortable i've ever slept in. they were heaven! The bathroom was exquisit! Huge shower and tub! Dinner was also amazing! The bartenders/wait staff were just incredible! i can't wait to go back in the near future...simply amazing!

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
New Hartford, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2011

This was our first trip to Newport and I chose this hotel because of reviews here. This is an outstanding property. My travels have taken me all over the world and I have stayed in many awesome properties-last year the Four Seasons in Maui, the Waldorf in Orlando, the Ritz in Sarasota, for example. Forty 1 North can hold it's head up high as this experience was outstanding from beginning to end.
Let me say I want their decorator to begin with! Our room was serene with every amenity. From the in room IPad and IPod to the HD tv and gas fireplace. The bathroom did not disappoint. Gorgeous blue glass tile in the multiple spray shower and a tub so deep even my
6' 4" husband could get lost in the bubbles.
The bed? Heavenly! I have trouble sleeping away from home and this bed felt like sleeping on a cloud. And super soft linens.
Well appointed wet bar and a room so quiet we did not hear any of the noise from the street below full of St.Patricks parade folks celebrating well into the night.
Topped off with a lovely view of the harbour. And all for under $300-including the $25 valet parking.
Dinner in their restaurant also brought a smile to our face. Great service and delicious choices.
Some minor suggestions. With Starbucks now offering their coffee in a K cup I would recommend a single brewer in the room as there currently is no coffee available in the room. And if light bothers you be aware that the bathroom light sends light through the back panel of the wet bar.
If I get the opportunity to return to Newport this is where I will stay. Love, love, love Forty 1 North!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lillious
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We stayed at Forty 1 North for two nights on a business trip and would dearly love to return - but preferably on vacation and when it's warmer! That wind!!
We found the hotel on Expedia but booked direct and got a better deal (it was mid-week and we may have been the only guests but it's so quiet you can't tell)
We arrived quite late and the guy had stayed for us as the bar was about to close (you can brave the cold and go to Christies across the car-park for a night-cap still). He was great in helping bring up our bags and showed us the room without any sign that he wanted to go.
Beautiful room. Great bathroom (huge shower and very deep bath) and we loved the IPad info instead of the usual folder! We used room service for breakfast and it was lovely.
Only (tiny) complaint was that I could not get the room temperature right and was too hot (ended up opening the windows once - and that was in minus 6 with a north wind!) Whatever I did with the thermo it seemed to re-set itself overnight. A small matter.
I agree with what a previous reviewer said about parking. It does seem daft when you can virtually touch your car - but I bet you'd be grateful at the weekend or in summer!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Whitby1964
San Diego, California
Reviewed 27 February 2011

I have stayed, dined, and over-indulged in Newport for many years. After staying at many over-rated hotels 1 came across Forty 1 North. The room was amazing and came own Ipad! The service was awesome and the late night food was great. I believe it may be the only place to get in room dining at 2 am in Newport. I will never settle for another hotel in Newport.

By far the best experience was the food. I am pretty picky but I was amazed how well everything was prepared and presented. I would definitely dine here again and again for either Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner!

Newport needs something like this and needs a place that is not stuffy. Thank You Forty 1 North!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carreiem
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2011

41 North is a gorgeous hotel in Newport. Many Newport hotels where I have stayed in the past have either needed updating or the price of the room didn't suit the actual quality of the hotel until I stayed at 41 North. First, the service is incredible with staff waiting for you when you arrive. The outside of the hotel looks very typical New England-seaside however the inside had a modern feel that is unusual for this area. The decor manages to be very modern luxurious yet maintaines a cozy feel. We had planned to arrive at the hotel and go out to explore the area but we found ourselves camping out at the O bar and running upstairs to change for dinner at the Grill... we never left the hotel! The rooms are fabulous with cozy gas fireplaces and very cool bathrooms. The only things I wish they had in the rooms were blackout shades as I was up at 6:30 and had hoped to sleep in since I didn't have kids with me. The food for dinner and brunch was outstanding! I can't wait to go back in the summer when we can enjoy eating and drinking at the outside bar!

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple