Forty 1⁰ North
Grace Vanderbilt(Newport)
Hotel Viking(Newport)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrand suiteoval barred cottageharbor view suitesoaking tubboutique hotelguest serviceswet baroff seasonbeautiful hotelgas fireplacewater viewoystersvalet parkingnew englandnewport harborthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Perfect location, great views, beautiful marina and overall great ambiance. The only thing to complain about is when we arrived the front desk had lost our reservation and told us we never booked our room. Not only did I have a confirmation email from the hotel but I had a confirmation number and the name of the person I spoke to on the phone to confirm the reservation. They did not apologize. Three young stupid girls stood around looking at each other and then blankly at the computer and never found our reservation. They were only able to find our reservation at their restaurant, the grill. Lucky for them our room was still available for the nights we planned on staying. Beds were very comfortable and bathroom is great.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank greatdainz02
Reviewed 24 July 2011

The service was absolutely top-notch..we had booked a waterview room w/a fireplace on a very windy weekend. There was a rattle in the metal chimney of the fireplace, management promply upgraded us to a harborview suite, which was really lovely.
Great location, walked to all shops, piers and restaurants, St. Mary's (where the Kennedy's married) is so gorgeous and open to the public for services on Sundays.
Standard rooms were a little on the small size, but very comfortable, suites were large and super comfortable, the bed being one of the most comfy sleeps ever!
And the bathroom....I spent hours in the deep, double, soaking tub..truly decadent.
We didn't eat at the hotel, but the outdoor dining area and lounge are beautiful.
Loved the i-pads in the rooms for internet connection and for the "green" paperless feature.

Room Tip: if you can swing a suite..do it!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sasura
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Absolutely loved it! Gorgeous property, friendly staff, and great location! We stayed in the Seabreeze Cottage, which was perfect to share with friends. Overall experience was great. Highly recommended. Also, if you enjoy being out on a boat, do a harbor tour!

Room Tip: Seabreeze Cottage - perfect to share with friends or family.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I surprised my boyfriend for his birthday with a romantic weekend getaway. After lots of searching, I happened to read about them in a magazine...I believe the Sunday NY times. I had originally booked a package that included a studio room when we checked in they upgraded us to an absolutely beautiful one bedroom suite overlooking the harbor, BEAUTIFUL! I cannot tell you how amazing the suite was, everything brand new, beautifully decorated, clean, modern and oh so comfortable. My boyfriend who is very high end (how we have lasted so long I have no clue as I am a very low key kind of girl lol) was floored from the time we pulled into the parking lot so needless to say he loved the accommodations. He literally was like a kid in a candy store all weekend and spoke about it way after New Years!! Everyone was so so welcoming and helpful from check in to dinner to drinks to check out. The hotel has everything, a club, 2 restaurants , cool bar areas and fireplaces to lounge around and have drinks. They also have a small billiards room. If they do not have something on site you desire, its a short distance away or they can arrange to have them come to you. I also treated him to an in room massage and the hotel arranged it and shortly thereafter the women was knocking on our room door.

Would I suggest you visit for a girls, boys, couples, family weekend or even have an event....FOR SURE!!! We cant wait to go back, it reignited our spark and I am sure it can do the same for you!
Thanks 41 North...we owe you BIG!

Room Tip: Book a room package you get lots for your money this way.
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Theres is a reason that this hotel is ranked 2nd overall on tripadvisor. Some of those reasons are a spectacular deck for dining, cocktails, morning yoga, or just hanging out. The open, modern atmosphere was right up our alley. I thought the advertised ipad was a little over the top but it is very useful in searching for dining options around town, tours, maps, hotel amneities, room service, etc.. The staff was great. There was a $25/night valet/parking price, but thats dirt cheap to other cities we've traveled to(Washington DC, Chicago, STL)
As one of the reviews pointed out, the ngiiht club gets a little rowdy on Sat nights, but we were towards the front of the building so it did not bother us, but I coudl see it being pretty loud if your room was towards the back.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple