“Nice Brunch” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Lynbrook, New York
“Nice Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Sunday brunch was good,very nice place with wonderful views.
food prices are reasonable ,however, drink prices are beyond ridiculous! If you like $15 bloody Marys and $14 mimosas then you'll love 41 North!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dan k
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Hello Dan K,

Thank you for your positive and frank review of your brunch experience in our restaurant, The Grill. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and views, and sorry to hear that you were dismayed with our drink prices.

We take such honest feedback seriously and will review or pricing in light of it.

I hope we are able to welcome you back.

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here during off season (late April) and had a wonderful experience. The common areas and rooms were quite luxurious and modern, and even included an iPad to access and review the hotel's amenities and surrounding activities. The staff was friendly and professional. The food was delicious and varied. Everything about the hotel, including the great waterfront views and easy access to downtown (literally steps from the main thoroughfare) made our romantic getaway perfect and cozy. Parking was also very easy, and because of its central location, it made it very easy to view the nearby mansions. Finally, I loved the Andrew Morgan blankets/throws and other fine details of the rooms, which easily pushes this hotel to the high ranks of a designer boutique getaway.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank revelty
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Revelty,

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic and thorough review! We are so glad that your stay with us was so pleasing and we would love to welcome you back soon.

Of all or your compliments about our hotel, the one that is most appreciated is about our friendly and professional staff. We review these comments on a regular basis as an entire team, so as an entire team we thank you.

I hope business (or pleasure) will bring you back again this April.

Sincerest thanks,
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

my husband and I came here for dinner ( by suggestion of a Newport native) it was great the staff were very friendly and attentive, the food was good, a bit pricey but still very good nice and hot when it arrived so I know our waiter was paying attention. the bottled wines are extremely over priced we paid three times the price for a bottle of Rodney strong than it is to get from the general liquor store but other than that no complaints

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Hello Mariamarvobs,

Thank you for your great review of our restaurant, The Grill. We're very pleased that you enjoyed your dinner and are especially happy to hear about the good service from your waiter. If you happen to remember his name I would really like to share your comments with him. I may be reached directly at psauceda@41north.com.

Thank you again; I hope we see you again soon.

Very best,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel. My boyfriend and I travel constantly both for work and for pleasure so we've stayed in every type of hotel there is, mostly higher end. We decided to take a quick trip up to Newport for a small get-away on MLK weekend. We booked a room last minute and the rate was very reasonable. We arrived around 1:00 on a Sunday and the valet greeted us warmly and offered to help us with our bags. We were just going to check in and head right out so we left our car out front and the valet took our bags in. The check-in process was seamless and the lovely young man at the front desk escorted us up to our room. We had what I think was a deluxe room that was so spacious. The design of the hotel matches our aesthetic perfectly. The bathrooms are huge with probably have the biggest tub I've ever had the pleasure of bathing in : ). We had a view of the water with a gorgeous fireplace, a small sitting area and the most well appointed bar I've seen in awhile! We left and went about our day sight seeing. When we returned in the late afternoon we relaxed in bed to watch the rest of the play-off games and I'll have to say, their beds were insanely comfortable, I didn't want to get out to go to dinner! We decided to have a drink downstairs before dinner at the Castle Hill Inn and the bartender was so friendly and accommodating. Being that this was off season, the hotel was pretty empty but the service was spot-on, everyone was very sweet. I slept soundly and we decided to have some breakfast in the restaurant the next morning. We were the only ones in the place so we had that gorgeous view all to ourselves. The food was fabulous, get the French Toast, and the service again was very casual and friendly. I seriously did not want to leave this hotel. Huge thumbs up for a beautifully done space! We're already booking sometime to go back in the summer to enjoy that gorgeous outdoor space!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank winey1
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Winey1,

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We strive to create an outstanding experience for every guest that walks through our doors, and it feels great when we hear that our efforts have been so successful.

Please let me know when you plan to return this summer, I would like to be able to welcome you back myself.

Very best,
Newport, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

41 North wants to be in the level of top notch hotels, but their service level knocks them down to mediocre.
We recently stayed their for my birthday. The problem came with the bill: when we checked out there was a $25 charge for parking. Well we parked on the street and the valet said we could do this. When we questioned this we were told everyone gets this charge (my question: what happens if you did not drive there... Still a parking fee?). When my wife explained about what happened, she was told that they would check with the valet if this was true. Great customer service: accuse your guest of lying!
Another item that bothered me.... All the items you can purchase are displayed on the counter in your room, it looked like a convenience store. The staff are not the most pleasant staff I have encountered. Even when my wife wrote to the general manager the response was generic and there was not apology. I really think management could care less.
If you want to go to an upscale place to stay I would try castle hill or the chanler.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hugh M
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Hugh M,

I can’t tell you how sorry I am to know that you had such a disappointing experience. It is especially troubling that your primary complaint has to do with the level of service and responsiveness from our staff, as normally we view our genuinely friendly and professional employees to be our greatest asset.

Regarding the parking charge, I assure you that we do not have a practice of charging guests that do not use our lot, nor do we question the integrity of our guests. It is clear from your experience that we need to review our training- both with regard to how we apply parking charges as well as our communication regarding such charges.

As for the display of our in-room bars, we appreciate your feedback and will consider how we may be able to display them more attractively.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Sensible rates off season make it worthwhile to stay outside of the usual anonymous business hotels. Excellent location right in the heart of newport social and restaurant scene. Beautifully appointed throughout, impeccably clean and well maintained. The staff were friendly and attentive to a fault. Breakfast can be included in the rate and was good. The hotel wasn't even a third full when we stayed as it was January so it was nice and quiet, I would imagine that in the summer peace and quiet would be the last thing you would get as it is obviously a gathering spot and had party and event space downstairs. We booked this gem direct with the hotel for just a few quid more than staying at a "jelly mould" business hotel and drove to few miles every day to our meetings. Would stay again, if we can get the rate that is.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank andywakeley
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Andywakeley,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for the great review. Your comments are sincerely appreciated, especially those about our friendly and attentive staff.

We hope you will stay with us again on your next business trip to Newport, but perhaps there is a Newport vacation in order before then.

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in May, and just loved this hotel. It's beautiful and in a great location. We had gotten a deal to stay at the hotel, but when looking at their normal prices, they just seem outlandish, and not worth the money. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is very nice, but there are a lot of nice places to stay in Newport. Also, there was a wedding one night we were there, and heard booming music until late at night, which was pretty annoying. Each room has a fireplace and you get an iPad to use, which are two nice touches. Will stay here again if I can find another deal for staying, otherwise I would not pay the full price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear GraceTraveler97,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review, you have no idea how much it means to us!

Regarding your comments about prices, we are sensitive to your concern and frequently have special offers like the one you booked. Also, as an insider’s tip, you should consider visiting us in the winter. Newport is beautiful at this time of year, our rooms all have fireplaces, crowds are thin, and prices are considerably lower. It makes a great short getaway from New York.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon,