“Awesome service”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Seekonk, Massachusetts
“Awesome service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My boyfriend and I spent one night at this beautiful hotel. We were so impressed by the guest services as well as the accommodations. We highly recommend this hotel. It's in prime location, walking distance to everything. We are looking forward to going back in the very near future. The staff are absolutely wonderful and very accommodating. Best one night ever in a long time. We didn't want to leave.
Maria and joe!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hello Maria R,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much. I see from your profile that you are from nearby, Seekonk. It's flattering that you chose to stay with us for a short getaway.

Please ask for me the next time you and Joe are here, even if just for a drink or dinner- I'd love to meet you in person.

Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Couldn't have asked for anything more for a weekend getaway for my wife and our best friends. The place was perfect. Centrally located, on the water, delicious food, great bartenders, fabulous rooms with a great views and inviting common areas. The fireplaces in the lobby, bar and billiard rooms took the chill out of the March air (with the help of a few glasses of Newport's own Thomas Tew Rum). The staff couldn't have been more helpful or gracious. Can't imagine what the bar scene must be like in the summer - it was quite the scene in March (the group of Andy Warhol impersonators pre-gaming for the Newport Film Society gala certainly made Saturday night a lively one). Friday night dinner at The Grill restaurant on the property was fantastic, comparable to any fine dining experience in NYC. Saturday night dinner and dancing at the Clarke Cooke House was just a short five minute walk away, followed by a perfect Sunday brunch back at Forty1 North the following morning. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Loved the in-room fireplace, soaking tub and multi-head shower too. I travel frequently and I was pleasantly surprised to find that Forty1 North was on par with any Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton I have been to (on a much smaller scale of course). Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike B
Dear Mike B,

Wow, thank you for such a fantastic and thorough review!

I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay so much, and I'm glad you got to get a little extra taste of Newport with the newportFILM event we were hosting and dancing at the Clark Cooke House- one of my favorite spots in Newport.

I hope you'll be back very soon. You should definitely come have the summer time experience.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I visited for a weekend getaway and were not disappointed. The service from the moment we pulled up the driveway Friday evening to our departure on Sunday was exceptional in every way. We ate dinner in their restaurant on Saturday and breakfast both Saturday and Sunday and everything was delicious and prepared perfectly (the lobster rolls are awesome!). Even though our stay was in "the off season" there was a fun vibrant bar scene from afternoon to evening. We loved our room. I'm not sure what brand of mattress they use but the bedding was fantastic. I travel a lot and would rate this one of the better hotel experiences I've had in a long time. We'll be back up from NJ for another visit soon!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello tgunz,

Thank your for your compliments. Great reviews mean even more when we know that they come from a frequent traveler.

By the way, our mattresses are Sealy Posturepedic, Monogram Series 800, Extra Plush European Pillow Top. They sit on top of a platform, rather than a box spring.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Niskayuna, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Manager Scott Sumner has assembled a team that is friendly, attentive and courteous without the artifice often experienced at high end properties. Like staying with the most gracious of country hosts.

Room Tip: With only 24 +/- rooms, built on a wharf, surrounded by water on three sides, this hotel does not ha...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PhilipT2494,

Thank you for the terrific review- Scott and his team will be celebrating about your comment all week!

I hope we see you again soon.

Best,
Near boston ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We spent a wonderful weekend in March. The room was beautifully decorated. The staff were helpful and accommodating. Our only minor complaint was the service at brunch was a bit slow. Overall, it was An absolute pleasure! We look forward to coming back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hello Jkb B,

Thank you for such a great review and I'm very happy you had such a nice weekend!

Your comment about the brunch service being a bit slow has been reviewed with our dining room and kitchen teams. Thank you for sharing that concern.

I hope you will visit us again soon. Please ask for me the next time you're here so I may meet you in person.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was my first stay and I thought the food and service was the best. From the moment I checked in they went out of their way to make you feel special. The modern dining at The Grill was AMAZING! The rooms was very clean and the bed was the best I have ever slept in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe E
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Joe E,

Thanks very much for your review. I love that you said our staff made you feel special- we achieved our ultimate goal!

I hope you will be back often.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I had the most wonderful experience at 41. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The restaurants and room are beautifully designed and comfortable. Also dinner at the restaurant was delicious and we had fabulous service. I can not wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2014
Hello LoveCityYoga,

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We always feel really proud when friendly and accomodating service is the first things mentioned in a review.

Thank you very much for your comments and I hope you plan to visit again soon.