“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Can not say enough about the location. The hotel is a marina, so there are ocean views in every direction. Valet was extremely courteous and attentive. Also great design to have the car drop on the basement level, out of the elements (pouring rain on our arrival). The check in was personally the fastest I've ever had. Got from the car to my room in less than 5 minutes! Management and service was pleasant and accommodating through every interaction.

Our room was amazing. Large living space with a huge bed (could sleep a family of 4 with small children). Soaking tub and four headed shower were a perfect touch to an elegant bathroom.

Room Tip: Rooms vary. Make sure to ask what options are available when booking (regular room or full suite)
1 Thank John M
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello John M,

What a great review, thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We can take credit for the decor and room size, but we can't take credit for the beautiful harbor we overlook.

Thanks also, for mentioning our courteous and professional staff- we're really proud of them. The front desk crew will be excited to see that you said it was the fastest check-in you've ever had.

I hope you will be back soon, Plymouth is close enough to come for a day trip.

Warm regards,
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My girlfriend and I spent a romantic weekend at Forty 1° North Hotel and Marina last November. The room was amazing with all the amenities you would expect from a first class hotel! We had dinner at The Grill restaurant in the hotel on the first night and Tallulah on Thames the second night. Both were amazing! If you're looking for a romantic getaway, I highly recommend Forty 1° North Hotel and Marina!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marshall P
Hello Marshall P,

We're so happy you and your girlfriend enjoyed your weekend, and truly appreciate the great review!

You hit my favorite dinner spots, The Grill and Tallulah- great choices.

I hope you will be back again this spring or summer.

Seekonk, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My boyfriend and I spent one night at this beautiful hotel. We were so impressed by the guest services as well as the accommodations. We highly recommend this hotel. It's in prime location, walking distance to everything. We are looking forward to going back in the very near future. The staff are absolutely wonderful and very accommodating. Best one night ever in a long time. We didn't want to leave.
Maria and joe!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hello Maria R,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much. I see from your profile that you are from nearby, Seekonk. It's flattering that you chose to stay with us for a short getaway.

Please ask for me the next time you and Joe are here, even if just for a drink or dinner- I'd love to meet you in person.

Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Couldn't have asked for anything more for a weekend getaway for my wife and our best friends. The place was perfect. Centrally located, on the water, delicious food, great bartenders, fabulous rooms with a great views and inviting common areas. The fireplaces in the lobby, bar and billiard rooms took the chill out of the March air (with the help of a few glasses of Newport's own Thomas Tew Rum). The staff couldn't have been more helpful or gracious. Can't imagine what the bar scene must be like in the summer - it was quite the scene in March (the group of Andy Warhol impersonators pre-gaming for the Newport Film Society gala certainly made Saturday night a lively one). Friday night dinner at The Grill restaurant on the property was fantastic, comparable to any fine dining experience in NYC. Saturday night dinner and dancing at the Clarke Cooke House was just a short five minute walk away, followed by a perfect Sunday brunch back at Forty1 North the following morning. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Loved the in-room fireplace, soaking tub and multi-head shower too. I travel frequently and I was pleasantly surprised to find that Forty1 North was on par with any Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton I have been to (on a much smaller scale of course). Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mike B
Dear Mike B,

Wow, thank you for such a fantastic and thorough review!

I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay so much, and I'm glad you got to get a little extra taste of Newport with the newportFILM event we were hosting and dancing at the Clark Cooke House- one of my favorite spots in Newport.

I hope you'll be back very soon. You should definitely come have the summer time experience.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My wife and I visited for a weekend getaway and were not disappointed. The service from the moment we pulled up the driveway Friday evening to our departure on Sunday was exceptional in every way. We ate dinner in their restaurant on Saturday and breakfast both Saturday and Sunday and everything was delicious and prepared perfectly (the lobster rolls are awesome!). Even though our stay was in "the off season" there was a fun vibrant bar scene from afternoon to evening. We loved our room. I'm not sure what brand of mattress they use but the bedding was fantastic. I travel a lot and would rate this one of the better hotel experiences I've had in a long time. We'll be back up from NJ for another visit soon!

Hello tgunz,

Thank your for your compliments. Great reviews mean even more when we know that they come from a frequent traveler.

By the way, our mattresses are Sealy Posturepedic, Monogram Series 800, Extra Plush European Pillow Top. They sit on top of a platform, rather than a box spring.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Manager Scott Sumner has assembled a team that is friendly, attentive and courteous without the artifice often experienced at high end properties. Like staying with the most gracious of country hosts.

Room Tip: With only 24 +/- rooms, built on a wharf, surrounded by water on three sides, this hotel does not ha...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PhilipT2494,

Thank you for the terrific review- Scott and his team will be celebrating about your comment all week!

I hope we see you again soon.

Best,
Near boston ma
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We spent a wonderful weekend in March. The room was beautifully decorated. The staff were helpful and accommodating. Our only minor complaint was the service at brunch was a bit slow. Overall, it was An absolute pleasure! We look forward to coming back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
psauceda, Director of Sales at Forty 1⁰ North, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Hello Jkb B,

Thank you for such a great review and I'm very happy you had such a nice weekend!

Your comment about the brunch service being a bit slow has been reviewed with our dining room and kitchen teams. Thank you for sharing that concern.

I hope you will visit us again soon. Please ask for me the next time you're here so I may meet you in person.