“Very impressed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Miami, Florida
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

Forty 1 North is a place that is true to New England but with a twist, it is very modern and hip. Very beautifully designed. Staff from the door to guest services and concierge was very helpful and attended to every need. Restaurant food was beautifully executed, but service was on the shaky side. But as this is a hotel services and hotel staff review, I give it a 5 star rating and will return.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PuucMiami

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

A friend suggested we stay at 41 North, So we did. It really was an exceptional stay.

I had a wonderful week back in Newport, which I had not visited in a while. Let me simply say, that the food was top drawer. The beverages were top drawer and the service was exceptional. I had a few special needs during my stay. Everyone assisted me greatly. When I stay at a "service oriented" Hotel, it really is special when you have people do exceptional things for you, that is Luxury! Did I also mention, that the location was perfect. The location is ideal for walking to the special places in town.

My experience at "41 North" capped a successful week!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank PeterMacusa92
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

We loved this hotel! It's in the center of it all, right off of Thames St in the heart of Newport's shopping district, but set back from the road that noise is not an issue. Valet parking is free, which is really appreciated! Hotel was built in 2008 so it's very new, very clean, and very chic. From the valet to the bartender the staff was super-friendly, even accompanying you to your room to show you how to use the gadgets. Speaking of gadgets, your room includes a pre-loaded iPod and an iPad - how cool is that??

Our city view king was fabulous and included a wet bar, small seating area, a very tech-friendly desk, and a marble-covered bathroom I wanted to pack and take home. Bed was super-comfy, no rattling a/c or heater, with a nice gas fireplace. TV was a beautiful new wall-mounted flat panel. With all this, what more could you want in a room?

Hotel common areas included a billiards room, seating areas by a large fireplace, and a large circular bar that allowed you to order from the restaurant's menu or just have light snacks or dessert. In warmer weather, there is an outdoor deck area overlooking a beautiful dock with sailboats and a great sunset. The only downside to this hotel is the price, but we got a really fantastic deal on Jetsetter.

Can't recommend this one enough in Newport, it's a great new addition to a city with tons of hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SpencerLV
Corona del Mar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I had a fantastic experience at this great, boutique hotel when traveling on a combined business and pleasure trip. The staff was very well prepared and educated – welcoming and attentive but not intrusive. The hotel has all the amenities I needed for business (and a couple I didn’t need, but were fun to learn about). I was comfortable in all respects and close to everything I wanted to do. The evening I spent on the deck bar and restaurant was particularly enjoyable. It was a big crowd and the staff was literally running between tables, the bar and the kitchen. I was not in a particular hurry but really appreciated the staff member (not a waiter) who was willing to take my order and see that I was served promptly. “Pinch hitting” in this regard seemed to be an attitude pervasive throughout the staff and management. The response to special requests seemed to be “I’ll see what I can do and get right back to you” - which they did.

The property itself is beautiful and in a fantastic location right on the water. I looked at a variety of rooms, from very reasonable to “over the top” luxurious. I was pleased to enjoy a room with a view which I thought was great value.

When back in that area, I will stay with 41 North again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank CasaLaguna
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

I have been fortunate in staying at 41 North three times this year, once just a week after they opened. That first stay told me everything I need to know as the service was just about seamless despite their having just opened. I have stayed at other hotels which were just as new and always experienced opening glitches. Not at 41 North! If anything, they have gotten even better over the months and are one of the best hotels I regularly visit (and I am fortunate enough to stay at some pretty great ones--Halekulani in Honolulu, Peninsula in Chicago, Fairmont Olympic in Seattle, Waldorf Towers in New York, etc.). The staff goes the extra mile, the restaurant and room service food is excellent and the rooms are modern and exceptionally well designed. Now if I can only figure out how to use all the features of the IPad that is in each room!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank roselaw7
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

I had a wonderful time while at Forty 1 North. The decor was beautiful and well thought out. It had a cozy yet classy feel. The lounge area near the fire place was a very comfortable and relaxing place to hang out. The dining area was elegant and made for a very nice atmosphere. The food was great and my dark and stormy cocktail was delicious!. My favorite food of the night were the oysters and my veal porterhouse entree. The tater tots were amazingly good and the creme brulee for dessert was the perfect end to the meal. The presentation of the food was very nice and the waiter was very accomodating. It was a very nice evening, I had a great time, and I cannot wait to go back!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank ktrips1004
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

My family and I travel to Newport often and wanted to give this newcomer a try and were we ever sorry. This hotel offers nothing but a good view but you don't have to spend serious $$$$ staying here to see it.
They were quite possibly rudest staff I've ever encountered at a hotel. We felt as if we were bothering the staff if we asked about anything. They really do think they are something that they are not. On top of it, the food is poor and extremely overpriced as is the hotel itself. Worst of all is it's loud. We thought at the very least we'll get a good nights sleep. Not really. If you are looking for that you should definitely stay at one of the other infinitely better Newport area hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple