“nice view” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Miami, Florida
“nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here for my yearly visit to Newport, the view of course is amazing, the service of the staff could have been a bit better, they weren't exactly welcoming upon arrival. the room was clean however there was hair in my shower drain. other than that it was a pleasant stay

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank mariamarvobs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Neptune City, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I wrote a review of this property back in September, 2013 and it was not favorable. The hotel manager, Brian Young, personally invited my daughter and I back for another stay, assuring me that this time, we would experience the Inn the way it should have been experienced on our first stay. I traveled with my other adult daughter this time was offered one of the deluxe beach houses rather than a room in the main inn. It was a completely different experience! We loved our accommodations and the staff was attentive to all of our inquiries and needs. This property is quite beautiful and we were very satisfied. I would recommend Castle Hill Inn to travelers who want to visit Newport but want a quiet place to retreat after visiting the Newport sites. This trip was off-season and I think we were one of the only guests booked in a beach house so we had a private beach view and only the sounds of nature surrounding us. Not only were we invited back but I was refunded a good portion of what I paid the first stay. Definitely what I would expect from Relais and Chateaux management. Thank you Mr. Young and staff.

Room Tip: We preferred the beach cottage to the main inn. The main inn is not as quiet but it is lovely. I t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lwl16
Port Washington, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We we there during Restaurant week, which had a special menu. We really enjoyed our dinner there, as the food was very good (selected courses from a priced fixe menu). The food itself was delicious, although the portions were a tad smaller than I would of liked, and the price was expensive (especially for the amount of food). The service was outstanding, as our server was very good, as well was the Sommelier - very good recommendations. The atmosphere of the entire place is great. We had a final drink at the bar before we left, which was nice, too.

Earlier in the day, after driving along Ocean Drive, we stopped here for the outside bar - which i would strongly recommend. Very windy and cold this day, but we enjoyed the setting very much. Good drinks and snacks.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mark G
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We came to stay here for a weekend and loved it. We stayed in the main building, and the panelled bedroom exuded character in a way that was a real delight. The staff were endlessly attentive and nothing was too much trouble - even setting up afternoon tea for us in front of the roaring fire in the hall. The food was delicious and location was wonderful - even for December (fortunately no fog, so fog horns were not an issue).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AntonyHurden
Marblehead, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

we stayed here during the Newport Boat show. It was convenient to the downtown, but far enough away to feel like it was on its own island. We stayed in the cloister room, which was absolutely beautiful. The outdoor dining area spectacular, but service wasn't great, nor the loud guys having too much to drink next to us. We also had a serious situation in which a waitress spilled a whole pot of french press coffee on my husband at breakfast. The staff was clueless and lacked any training in how to handle emergency situations. I had to shout them into action and request ice, etc. There was never a written apology, nor follow up call from the management. We would never return here, nor share anything positive of this hotel because of this.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stephanie m
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked one of the cottages near the main house as a surprise birthday getaway for my girlfriend. Considering the price, my expectations were pretty high. But after opening the door to our room for the first time, I was blown away. The space was bright and crisp, well appointed, with huge windows overlooking the water. Open the french doors and you're footsteps to the water's edge. My girlfriend especially loved the large bathroom and bathtub. Service is impeccable. Food outstanding. All around, this is a very special place!

Room Tip: The main offers a variety of unique rooms that capture the charm a more glamorous era. But the cotta...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend just before thanksgiving. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had breakfast twice, lunch and high tea once. The food was excellent. Our room, Mrs. Aggassiz suite was very nice. A gas fireplace in the bedroom as well as the bathroom was very cool. The view of the ocean was also great. The inn is a little far from down town(about 10 mins drive time.) They also have beach houses that look awesome. We plan to go back to try next summer.

• Stayed November 2013