Cliffside Inn
US$293
US$394
US$564
  • Restaurant
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$452
Travelocity
US$489
US$435
Hotel Viking(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$338
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
US$623
Hotels.com
US$606
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$442
TripAdvisor
1,165 results
All reviewsgarden suitethe clifffire pitfrench press coffeeatlantic suiteturner suitewine receptionwindow seatwine hourmy husband and iother guestssun roomfrench pressedpressed coffeetower roombeatrice turnercookies
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I just got home from three days and two nights at this gorgeous b&b. The owners and staff were terrific and went out of their way to make our stay there memorable. From a flameless candle to macadamia nut muffins, one couldn't ask for anything more. Most of all, we met many new and interesting people and have hopefully come away with a few new friends. We walked away from this experience feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and extremely content. And Koty was a treat as well! Walter and Gwen

Room Tip: The soaking tub in Beatrice's room was devine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Walter and Gwen,

It was such a pleasure to have you both with us. I'm glad Walter was able to practice a little Russian with Tamara! It was great watching you enjoy Newport and get along with the other guests. Many new friendships were made!

Koty misses the scratches. We all hope you'll be back with us again soon.

Best,
Nancy and Bill (and Koty).

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I surprised my wife with an Anniversary Getaway to Newport at the Cliffside Inn. It couldn't have been "more perfect". The Inn is within walking distance of the Cliffwalk, the Mansions and the downtown harbor / restaurant area. We stayed in the romantic Blue Room where we enjoyed an evening drink by the fireplace after returning from our special dinner celebration. We really felt pampered by the service, the breakfasts and the afternoon wine & cheese gathering with other guests. The hosts, Bill and Nancy, were great. Beyond making the guests comfortable, they added a personal touch. Nancy provided insite to the local attractions and Bill told of their motorcycle tour in the Adriatics. We will definitely return to the Cliffside Inn on a future visit to Newport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

How wonderful it was to have you here for your 40th anniversary! That is quite a milestone and we are honored that you chose to spend it with us. Newport is such a romantic place and the perfect spot for an anniversary celebration. I'm glad you enjoyed the Blue Room - it is so cozy and warm - it is a unique room for sure.

We hope you can find some time to visit us again soon - even if it is not an anniversary.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Tower Suite about a month ago and had the most incredible experience at the Cliffside Inn. Bill & Nancy were amazing hosts and we can't say enough positive things about our little pre-baby #1 getaway! The room was amazing - it was very clean, the view/sunset from the room was fantastic, and the bathroom was one that I wish I had at home (rain shower, huge 2-person jet tub, etc.). The service and food was incredible. We didn't get a chance to check in til' a little later in the evening on our first night and had an amazing cheese plate brought up to our room (delicious!) The breakfasts and hors d'oeuvres were amazing. My favorite (if I had to pick one...) were the cinnamon sugar pancakes (seriously...amazing...and it's not just the preggo lady in me speaking!) We highly recommend the Cliffside Inn to anyone looking for a romantic/relaxing getaway!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We were so glad that you were able to get away for a little midweek babymoon before the new addition comes. The Tower Suite is just an incredible room for a nice relaxing get away. Thank you for all the wonderful comments about the inn, the food and the staff. We all really do appreciate it.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon - hopefully you have lots of babysitters lined up.:)

All the best,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was first time my husband and I experience staying at an B&B and from the moment we arrived I was a pleasure to meet everyone at the Cliffside Inn. We stayed in the Sun Room and it was absolutely beautiful! The views of the ocean, sun shining through the windows, and the most delicious "Fondeles", a unique buttery, oatmeal cookie (Bill shared the recipe with me), was just part of the experience that made it so GREAT! They whole experience was wonderful! They really know how to welcome and make your stay as pleasurable as possible. We love Newport and LOVED our stay at the Cliffside Inn! Thank you everyone. :)

Room Tip: Only stayed in the Sun Room and it has a great view and was very nice. A couple we met had been in quite a few of the rooms and told us all the rooms are beautiful. we look forward to going back in the future.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Isn't it nice to have a place close to home that still makes you feel like you had a get away?! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the Sun room. I just love that steam shower - particularly after a long Cliff Walk.

We look forward to seeing you here again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Never in 25 year's or so of staying in B&B's have my wife an I had the owner Bill carry own luggage from the car and his wife Nancy carry it to the car when we left. We are in our 80's and surely appreciated it. The room we had was superb and clean. Both Bill and Nancy went out of their way too tell us above sight seeing in Newport pointing to the areas of interest on a map. They made sure we met the other guess" at 5pm with horderves and wine. Breakfast was wonderful. Their location is great. Debbie and the rest of the staff too were very friendly and helpful. Truly an unique experience. (we didn't use the pool)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

What a pleasure it was to have the two of you stay with us. You are such a lovely couple and had so many wonderful stories to share will all of us. Maybe we will have to figure out how to put a pool on the property before your next visit.

Warm regards,