“Best choice in all of Newport”
Review of Cliffside Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Cliffside Inn
Ranked #2 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Harrison, New York, United States
“Best choice in all of Newport”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Cliffside Inn exceeded my expectations and more. The house was beautiful, the rooms were modern with a touch of vintage feel. And most importantly, clean! The hosts and staff were exetremely friendly and gracious. I would recommend this place to anybody & I would definitely stay here again if I ever visited Newport again.

• Stayed June 2014
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Although you were only with us for one night, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the Sun Room and all the amenities the inn has to offer.

Newport is such a great town. I hope you are able to come back for a longer visit with us in the future.

Nancy and Bill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

i have nothing negative to say about this place! from all the pleasant smiling faces owning and working here to the very clean and comfortable accommadations to the delicious breakfast and evening wine and app hour up until the smore making by the fire pit to the fresh baked cookies at night.....pure perfection! i would be here more often if it were closer to home! so relaxing and oh so beautiful! thanks for making our first trip to newport the best! and an added bonus was being able to bring our well behaved pup,gracie with us! we will be back! xo

Room Tip: atlantic view was pet friendly with a jacuzzi tub...very comfortable bed as well! just all around pe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for sending the pictures of Gracie and Koty. The one where he is running away is so funny. It was wonderful to have you and your niece here for a few days. We enjoyed having you here and getting to know all of you and Gracie.

Thank you also for the wonderful review. It really does mean a lot to us that you enjoyed your time here. Looking forward to the next visit.

Woof,
Koty
Haddenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I found the Cliffside Inn when I googled "elopement Newport" as a previous guest had reviewed it here on Tripadvisor. I'm so glad I did and that I heeded the fabulous review it had been given. I had investigated other possibilities for our elopement in May but most other accommodations provided their own 'tailor-made' packages which were hugely expensive.

So I decided to try and put the package together myself - a daunting prospect, until I spoke first to Nancy who was so reassuring and then followed up our conversation with an email providing details of officiants, florists and photographers for our special day.

We arrived at the Inn on Monday afternoon and were so warmly greeted. We went for a beautiful stroll on the Cliffwalk and then came back to the Inn for 5pm drinks and nibbles - so delicious!
Bill then took us for a tour of some of the spots we might consider for our wedding pictures - it was so kind and so great to have his recommendations. We used every single location the next day for our wedding pictures!

We then had bubbles and s'mores round the fire pit - such a beautiful pre-wedding night!

The next day, we had a delicious breakfast and on Bill's recommendation went out in the Scoot Coups (little cars) which was amazing fun. Came back to the hotel feeling completely relaxed and got ready for the big moment. I felt so well looked after!

We had the ceremony in the beautiful gardens there and Nancy held up my phone so that my mum and son could be there with us too - such a special touch. Nancy also had a surprise for us afterwards which really made the day.

I cannot recommend the Cliffside Inn highly enough and can't wait to come back again in the future.
Thanks Bill and Nancy for everything! Melissa

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked amazing but the Garden Suite was particularly beautiful
3 Thank Melissa R
Melissa,

It was entirely our pleasure. We didn't want you and Paul (or Bronwyn and Kieran) to leave! It was really one of the best elopements we've had and you and Paul were by far the most laid back wedding couple. It was great to see the love between you and to know that at least Conor will remember it. Maybe someday Rory can come to Newport to see where the wedding took place. I know it is a bit of a trip from the UK but we really do hope if you are in the US again, you will come and see us.

All the best to both of you for a long and happy life together.
Nancy, Bill and Koty.
Leominster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was our first time staying at a B & B, taking a chance on the Cliffside Inn for our anniversary. We adore Newport and had stayed at a hotel in the past. The website for Cliffside sold us and we were not disappointed. It was like staying at the home of good friends. The history of the Inn is fascinating. Proximity to the Cliff Walk was a bonus. And the breakfasts...extra special! Bill and Nancy and the staff were warm, charming and funny. We highly recommend the Cliffside Inn. Many thanks for a wonderful anniversary!

Room Tip: The St. George's room has a fabulous dual shower the size of our entire bathroom! With a skylig...
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for choosing the Cliffside Inn for your 23rd Wedding Anniversary celebration - and for your first B&B experience! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the St. George's Suite. I really do think that is the biggest shower in all of Newport.

Thank you for the great review. We hope to see you back at the Cliffside soon.

Warmly,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This place was fantastic! Bill and Nancy did an amazing job of making us feel at home. They have remembered every detail and are so gracious! Look no further when choosing a B&B. I would go back 100 times!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We are so glad you were able to get a little time away before starting your new job (congratulations!). It was so good to have you both here. We enjoyed getting to know you and watching you have fun with the other guests.

Hopefully the new job won't be too stressful, but when you need to get away again, we hope we will see you here.

Best,
Nancy and Bill (and Koty)
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We checked into the Cliffside Inn on Monday for 2 nights. We were in Newport as our friends were eloping and I cannot recommend the Inn enough. The staff were extremely helpful and Bill and Nancy were just amazing!

We were staying in the Blue Room which is very spacious and has a large rain shower and our friends were staying in the Garden Suite which is an amazing 2 story room with a spa bath/outside courtyard with water feature.
The beds are so comfortable and have pillow top mattress covers on which really do make a difference.
The attention to detail is what makes this Inn stand out. They have literally thought of everything. We had been in touch with Bill and Nancy prior to arrival to try and sort out certain aspects of my friends elopement and both of them had been extremely helpful, recommending suppliers and Bill even gave us a 'tour' of prospective locations for the wedding photo's when we arrived. We got back around 5pm to wine and nibbles with Bill and Nancy and the other guests, what a lovely touch.

The Inn has a large fire pit out front which is lit on nights when its not raining and we had a wonderful time making s'mores and drinking champagne on our first evening.
Breakfast on our first morning was a fritata with sausages and toast/English muffin and on the second day it was Belgian waffles with banana and caramel sauce and Canadian Bacon!!! They also offered eggs made to order (any way) as well as granola/fruit/yogurt and fresh fruit juices.

Bill, Nancy and the staff were essential in my friends wedding day playing out the way it did.
They helped us out and Nancy even held the phone up so that the brides mother (in the UK) could watch the wedding ceremony via Skype !

All in all, a wonderful place to stay and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
If we are back in Newport - we will definitely be staying at the Cliffside Inn.

Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was so great to have all of you here and we are thrilled that the wedding went off without a hitch. Now you just have to make the same magic happen for yours in South Africa. I'm sure it will!

I certainly will never want to have s'mores without bubbles again.

Warmly,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Accommodations were lovely, but I also appreciated the phone call letting us know that we'd mistakenly left some luggage behind (Oops!) We were told not to rush back in case we were in the middle of lunch, and that they'd be happy to hold it for us until it was convenient for us to return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Elena,

I'm glad you enjoyed the accommodations at the Cliffside Inn. We were more than happy to hold your luggage for you until you could return to the inn. When guests leave something behind, it always makes me smile because it makes me think that it was subconscious so that they have to return.

I hope you will be back with us soon - and your luggage too.