Cliffside Inn
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$95
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$168
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$435
Wellington Resort(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$254
1,157 results
All reviewsgarden suitethe clifffire pitfrench press coffeeatlantic suiteturner suitewine receptionwindow seatwine hourmy husband and iother guestssun roomfrench pressedb bpressed coffeetower roombeatrice turner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were completely impressed yet comfortable at the Cliffside Inn. The personal interest in the guests and the quality of the accommodations made it a wonderful stay. The way that this Inn is run just makes being there a unique pleasure. Each thing you notice during your stay makes you smile and say "this is the way it should be!".

Room Tip: The Loft is a luxurious treat!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph B
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for spending your anniversary at the Cliffside Inn. I agree with you about the Loft, it is really a wonderful room; so cozy yet luxurious. We are so glad you enjoyed your time in Newport. It is starting to get busy here now and summer is surely on its way.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Cliffside Inn exceeded my expectations and more. The house was beautiful, the rooms were modern with a touch of vintage feel. And most importantly, clean! The hosts and staff were exetremely friendly and gracious. I would recommend this place to anybody & I would definitely stay here again if I ever visited Newport again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Although you were only with us for one night, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the Sun Room and all the amenities the inn has to offer.

Newport is such a great town. I hope you are able to come back for a longer visit with us in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

i have nothing negative to say about this place! from all the pleasant smiling faces owning and working here to the very clean and comfortable accommadations to the delicious breakfast and evening wine and app hour up until the smore making by the fire pit to the fresh baked cookies at night.....pure perfection! i would be here more often if it were closer to home! so relaxing and oh so beautiful! thanks for making our first trip to newport the best! and an added bonus was being able to bring our well behaved pup,gracie with us! we will be back! xo

Room Tip: atlantic view was pet friendly with a jacuzzi tub...very comfortable bed as well! just all around perfect!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for sending the pictures of Gracie and Koty. The one where he is running away is so funny. It was wonderful to have you and your niece here for a few days. We enjoyed having you here and getting to know all of you and Gracie.

Thank you also for the wonderful review. It really does mean a lot to us that you enjoyed your time here. Looking forward to the next visit.

Woof,
Koty

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I found the Cliffside Inn when I googled "elopement Newport" as a previous guest had reviewed it here on Tripadvisor. I'm so glad I did and that I heeded the fabulous review it had been given. I had investigated other possibilities for our elopement in May but most other accommodations provided their own 'tailor-made' packages which were hugely expensive.

So I decided to try and put the package together myself - a daunting prospect, until I spoke first to Nancy who was so reassuring and then followed up our conversation with an email providing details of officiants, florists and photographers for our special day.

We arrived at the Inn on Monday afternoon and were so warmly greeted. We went for a beautiful stroll on the Cliffwalk and then came back to the Inn for 5pm drinks and nibbles - so delicious!
Bill then took us for a tour of some of the spots we might consider for our wedding pictures - it was so kind and so great to have his recommendations. We used every single location the next day for our wedding pictures!

We then had bubbles and s'mores round the fire pit - such a beautiful pre-wedding night!

The next day, we had a delicious breakfast and on Bill's recommendation went out in the Scoot Coups (little cars) which was amazing fun. Came back to the hotel feeling completely relaxed and got ready for the big moment. I felt so well looked after!

We had the ceremony in the beautiful gardens there and Nancy held up my phone so that my mum and son could be there with us too - such a special touch. Nancy also had a surprise for us afterwards which really made the day.

I cannot recommend the Cliffside Inn highly enough and can't wait to come back again in the future.
Thanks Bill and Nancy for everything! Melissa

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked amazing but the Garden Suite was particularly beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melissa R

Melissa,

It was entirely our pleasure. We didn't want you and Paul (or Bronwyn and Kieran) to leave! It was really one of the best elopements we've had and you and Paul were by far the most laid back wedding couple. It was great to see the love between you and to know that at least Conor will remember it. Maybe someday Rory can come to Newport to see where the wedding took place. I know it is a bit of a trip from the UK but we really do hope if you are in the US again, you will come and see us.

All the best to both of you for a long and happy life together.
Nancy, Bill and Koty.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was our first time staying at a B & B, taking a chance on the Cliffside Inn for our anniversary. We adore Newport and had stayed at a hotel in the past. The website for Cliffside sold us and we were not disappointed. It was like staying at the home of good friends. The history of the Inn is fascinating. Proximity to the Cliff Walk was a bonus. And the breakfasts...extra special! Bill and Nancy and the staff were warm, charming and funny. We highly recommend the Cliffside Inn. Many thanks for a wonderful anniversary!

Room Tip: The St. George's room has a fabulous dual shower the size of our entire bathroom! With a skylight to boot! Fantastic!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Cliffside Inn for your 23rd Wedding Anniversary celebration - and for your first B&B experience! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the St. George's Suite. I really do think that is the biggest shower in all of Newport.

Thank you for the great review. We hope to see you back at the Cliffside soon.

Warmly,