“Exceeded our expectations!”
Review of Cliffside Inn

Cliffside Inn
Ranked #1 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have been to many B&B's, but from beginning to end we had a great time at Cliffside. We had a great time, our rooms were excellent and the breakfast was gourmet. I had even gotten a drop of wine on my shirt during the wine and chesse party, and they offered and laundered it and gave it back to me clean the next morning. Much attention is paid to detail and it is well worth staying.

Room Tip: They are all nice
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven G
Cliffsideinn, Owner at Cliffside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

It was great to have the four of you with us. I wish it could have been for longer than one night. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the inn and the wine and cheese hour! We find it is a great way for guests to get to know each other and to share their experiences in Newport.

We hope we will see you again soon.

Nancy and Bill

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Sometimes you read reviews and the hype does not live up to its expectations. However this place by far exceeded my expectations. This was truly an incredible experience and could not have found a better place to celebrate our 10 year anniversary! Bill and Nancy and staff are top notch! Beautiful inn in a great romantic location. Cannot wait to stay again! John and Katrina

• Stayed: July 2014

John and Katrina,

Thank you so much for spending your 10th wedding anniversary with us. It was great to have you here and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the Garden Suite. Thank you also for taking the time to write a review. It means a lot to us.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Warmly,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Wow. The attention to detail and the service is amazing. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is so accommodating and the food is incredible. I heard the woman next to me say it was the best Denver omelet she has ever had and she was from Denver! The owners seek to make your stay memorable. Go!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lc1434

Thank you so much for your kind words. I love when locals come to visit. I understand your sister is quite the chef, so I'm especially pleased to hear your comments about the culinary delights here at the Cliffside. Anytime you are in Newport, please stop in to say hi.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is my third time staying at the inn and, I don't know how, but this was my best stay yet! Each time I've stayed has been spectacular, but I feel like it's a little more special every time I come back. I came with my family this time (parents, sister and her dog), and having everyone stay in the cottage (Cliff and Seaview Suites) was so convenient and comforting. Everything from the wine hour to the service to the impeccably maintained rooms was just perfect.

Bill and Nancy continue to run a wonderful inn and the staff is incredibly kind and helpful. I can't wait to come back for my fourth visit....which will hopefully be sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: Any room you choose is going to be spectacular.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank musilotte

Rachel,

What a pleasure it was to meet your family - and, of course, the dog! I hope everyone enjoyed Newport. Koty was very happy to see you back as well and he is fully recovered now.

We are looking forward to the next visit and hope we will see your friend Tania back here too.

Best regards,
Nancy, Bill and Dakota!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I love the Cliffside Inn...I really do. The house is just so clean and beautiful, the owner's Bill and Nancy are friendly and fun. I really enjoyed our conversation with Nancy during the cocktail hour. Debbie and Tamara are available for every request. (Debbie is so funny and I love talking with her). Maryellen, the chef, really works magic in that kitchen, lemon ricotta pancakes and breakfast burrito were awesome! Wine and hors d'oeuvres were delicious before heading out for dinner. First visit was in Beatrice Room which I loved. This visit was in The Loft and it was perfect. The king sized bed was very comfortable along with the wonderful linens. But the towels are the bomb! Very luxurious. 2 person jacuzzi tub and large shower. Loved the skylights in this room too and it has a ceiling fan. Will be visiting again in November and can't wait to try to Grosvenor suite. Looking forward to our return at this awesomesauce B & B!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jules6764

I am so glad that I was able to meet you on this visit. I really enjoyed our chat and your sister is great too! I will let you know if we decide to open up for Thanksgiving.

Looking forward to your next visit.

All the best,
Nancy (and Bill)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the Cliffside Inn to celebrate my birthday. We loved the Carriage House so much we booked it again :) Upon arrival, I was wished a happy birthday and our room had flowers and a welcome back/Happy Birthday sign. These little touches are all part of what make the inn so special. Newport is a fabulous location and has several options for a place to stay, we choose the Cliffside Inn every time. Nancy and Bill are excellent innkeepers. They are extremely knowledgeable of where to go, what to see and where to eat in Newport. They are social but not intrusive...perfect balance. We were thrilled to stay in the summer because we were able to take advantage of the outdoor fire pit. It was fun drinking wine and speaking with the other guests at the end of the night. Loved having breakfast at a table for two on the wrap around porch! Breakfast was delicious. I cannot forget to mention turn down service and the freshly baked cookies that are left in the room for you....YUM! I highly recommend staying here and we will definitely be returning as soon as we can!

Room Tip: We love the carriage house because of the private entrance, comfy bed and phenomenal bathroom (rain...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank labradors0610

It was so wonderful having you back with us to share your birthdays. I am glad you were able to have a great sunset cruise to enjoy the night. Maybe I'm bias, but I love the Carriage House too. It is so quaint and quite, yet cozy.

We are looking forward to your next visit!

Warmly,
Nancy and Bill (and Koty)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The inn is very cozy and welcoming! I have a few suggestions. Perhaps some comfortable chairs to sit and read a book outside on the lawn or the porch. Also some nice chairs around the fire pit instead of sitting on the stone wall.
i would also suggest perhaps dimming the lights on the porch at night.
The cocktail hour at night was very enjoyable and a great time to meet the other people.
The room was beautiful!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Loft!! Beautiful!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Cliffside Inn for your birthday celebration. We really enjoyed having you here with us. Thank you for the suggestions. We would love to have rockers on the porch, but we have opted for more outdoor breakfast seating. But we are looking into options for the fire pit.

We hope you will visit us again soon.