“great deal for what you get.”
Review of Pineapple Inn

Pineapple Inn
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Boston, ma
“great deal for what you get.”
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Not sure what people are expecting for the price.

The room looked like they got a makeover from last year.
Even the exterior looks pretty cleaned up.

The beds were more comfortable, the desk clerk said they got new furniture and stuff.

My girlfriend and I are pleased with my stay for what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Supramann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Well, it was cheap. I read the reviews, and I agree with them. If you must stay in the area and you can't afford $200/night, this may be your option.

Then again, there's a Motel6 just up the street that MAY be cleaner (although it looked just as dodgy from the outside...

Seriously, a good scrubbing and this place would have a pretty cool retro-vibe. But dirt is dirt.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank modeknit

Travellers are raving about these Newport hotels

nj
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Checkin was great. Got in by 12:00. Room was a bit musty but I brought lysol with me and cleared the air. Room was a bit worn but for the price is was just fine. Bus to downtown was right across the street so you didn't have to fight the traffic or find parking. I would book here again since you spend so little time in the room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank kswny
south
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Arrived broken glass on door and bugs in sink and on coffee pot. Went to front office woman was very nice said I will have someone there right away. We explained have not put nothing in room yet, was late for an event we were going to. Upon return they took the glass down off the door. Went into the washroom bugs dead in sink. The coffee pot outside had i do not know what all over it, they were kind tho they did not clean it but moved it to the corner of sink lol and put packages of coffee..We were not drinking it to save our lives and wanted one so bad lol. My mom yells to me look at this bathroom its filthy shower curtain, bathtub i would not even think of stepping in it with sneakers. I wanted to find something positive I drew the curtains notice slider doors are bolted in so you can not open?? and curtains had huge water stains with mold. I sat there an apologize to mom this was suspose to be a gift to her a few days in newport. I also asked management when booked conditions of rooms looked great on internet, and also told them my mom just retired from enviormental management no games notice price was so cheaper that weekend than other rooms other places. Other places from 250 and up here 130 with taxes. Mom inspected for bed bugs lol blanket big burn marks from cigarettes put the pretty bedspreads back up these were like new. We did not unpack slept with clothes (old ones) housecoats over on bedspread out at 7a.m. to get out of there. Out in parking lot broken bottles near tires of her car and others. Went to front office to talk to someone noone was there that could speak english we gave them keys and out of there. Home threw clothes away and housecoats long showers and out to breakfast. No more newport for us that was enough of experience for us. We have traveled everywhere and I am sure other places are beautiful but if they the building inspectors and whoever lets this go out for rentals is beyond disbelief. 130.00 is alot for this to happen to people today. The rest of the family when they checked our room were laughing in hysterics they bolted to the cape cod and got nice places with ammenties included and lots of activities to do! Its a shame Newport is a great place the prices others were asking outrageous and then we go to the pineapple inne and look what happen to us Never Never again!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank victory76
MA
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We booked last minute to be in Newport for a Saturday night. I booked on a Wednesday and booked the Pineapple Inn on line. It was "last minute" the only other places available were for 3-400 dollars / night. On Thursday I read the reviews and saw the one about "blood on the pillow case" I tried to back out, but Priceline and the motel required a three day notice. Priceline told me to call the motel and see if they would be willing to let me cancel. I spoke with a nice Indian gentleman (sorry forgot his name) and told him my concerns about the cleanliness. I was assured that if the room was not to my liking he would refund my money. We had a non-smoking room and although the place is "dated" the linens and room were clean. No smells, no gross findings. I was not even concerned about the bedspread, but we do turn them down. For the price and friendliness of the employees, I would recommend the Pineapple Inn

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JGH61
Winfield, Illinois
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Agree with the last review, this place simply needs a bulldozer. We ended up here, because when we tried to make reservations other places they claimed they were booked due to the Andre Agassi induction into the Tennis Hall of Fame.
We should have just waited, I have no doubt rooms miraculously became available.
Our room stank, the sheets were torn to shreds, the blankets had cigarette burns and gross red stains.
The tub had a constant drip, and was full of stains.
Best of all were the very suspicious activities going on in the other rooms. Lots of cars and people stopping by for a few minutes then leaving. Hmmmm
All in all as relaxing as a stay at the Bates Motel!
The ONLY redeeming factor, was the woman at the front, she was actually very nice. She can do better.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank WinfieldRDH
Orleans, Indiana
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Princess cruises sent us here to wait on a cruise ship that we had missed in New York because of a canceled flight out of Indianapolis. The first port of call was Newport, so they sent us there to spend the night and catch the ship the next morning. This place was horrible. It was filthy, rundown and disgusting. The room smelled moldy and bad, and the sheets were threadbare and dingy. Not that that mattered, because my body wasn't even touching those sheets. We both slept with our clothes on and hovered over the toilet when we had to go. The bathroom was so bad, we waited until we made it to the ship to even shower, brush our teeth and clean up. The only thing that would help this place would be a bulldozer.

• Stayed October 2010