“Very poor place, choose elsewhere”
Review of Pineapple Inn

Pineapple Inn
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Newport
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I needed to stay somewhere cheap for a couple of nights with my youngest daughter while construction went on at our home. I couldn't believe how dirty it was! Stains and odors galore. Dirty sheets, stained matresses and holes in the wall. There was only a few cars in the place including mine and wouldn't you know management decides to put a young couple in the room right next to us who were going at it like rabbits all night long. Needless to say the walls are paper thin and every detail can be heard. Not something I wanted my young daughter hearing. Second night... same thing, another couple on the other side. For a while, I thought they were just going to come through the wall, headboard and all. The maids were shadey looking people as well as some hoodlum looking young men cleaning the rooms with them. The topper for me was that my twelve year old daughters panties went missing from our bag of dirty laundry. Sick people, nasty place, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Justlil o

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Typical road motel, even though practically inside the town. Clean, ample rooms, very silent. No breakfast included. Old building, but well refurbished rooms. The curtains in the room I stayed weren’t large enough to block the view from outside, even though it was an inside yard (not a private yard). The price charged made a reasonable option.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vinicius F
Reviewed 18 October 2013

don't leave your stuff in the rooms. They got Spanish housekeepers. and your stuff WILL get stolen. Money was stolen out of my room a few days ago, the rooms were digusting and smelled of mildew. Hair in the showers , not even a clean toilet. Stay at your own risk. DISGUSTING.

Room Tip: don't stay here !!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank bia c
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was PLEASANTLY surprised to find this hotel so appealing. The office staff was friendly. The room and grounds were clean and quiet. It was close to everything (within 5 - 10 minute drive) The price was right while searching for a motel in Newport to spend our 1st anniversary weekend. A two night stay cost less at Pineapple Inn than the cost of 1 night elsewhere. I figured all we needed was a place to sleep since we'd be out on the town the majority of our visit. We were VERY VERY pleased with Pineapple Inn!! We give it two thumbs up!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debra M
Reviewed 22 September 2013

my husband and I went there on september 21st. found the romm clean and very comfortable. check-in was fast and the front desk person was friendly and was glad to answer our questions about good restaraunts in area. we had a problem with our shower not draining. the problem was immediately taken care of. the only problem we did have is the curtain in room 111 was to small and did not cover the whole window. we were able to cover it ourselves. the beds were comfortable and sheets , towels, bed spread were very clean. we are actually planning to visit newport again in feburary and will return to the pineapple Inn.

Room Tip: make sure windows are fully covered.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marilyn m
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Having a car breakdown is no fun as you know. Walking two miles to check into this
cheap, dirty rundown drug haven was the worst. Soda bottles and trash under beds, the ciggerette burned bed spreads and sheets was appauling
(not to mention the odors and ashes left behind).
We had a bit trouble checking out on time ( there was a peice of broken glass in the carpet that hindered a speedy exit (he sold us the room at full rate at 1:24 AM.. Since we didnt leave ontime
he decided to charge my credit card full room fare for an additional night. This i learned when
the balance on my credit card didnt meet the $250 i needed for car repairs.
I signed and approved the initial night but was shocked this Inn keeper has the ability to charge
anything to my creditcard without my permission. (especially a night i didnt stay there)
Upon calling THE MANAGER he informed i would not be getting my money back because the cleaners
had to wait 1 hour for us to exit the room, so he could not rent it.
we arrived in the middle of night to barely six cars. Now i have to claim fraud because
he refuses to return the second night fare he stole from my card.
Beware this is a poor example of hospitality, and you could get robbed one way or
another...

Room Tip: Stay at Motel 6 a short distance on same road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mark r
Reviewed 16 September 2013

WARNING: If you stay here you run a high risk of having your valuable items stolen! I have stayed here 2 separate times, the first time was just fine. For the price (in comparison to other hotels in the area) you can't beat it. The beds are very comfortable, in spite of the exterior looking very run down. However, I strongly advise against staying here. I returned from a day at work at the boat show in town only to find that my backpack had been opened and $280 was missing. So, I went to the manager and told him about it. Normally I would expect a response like " I apologize for this issue, please allow us to investigate this matter, but unfortunately there is nothing I can currently do about this". Instead the manager practically called me a liar and told me that the housekeeper would never steal from a tenant. The negative experience continued the next day. I specifically told the same manager that I, for obvious reasons, did not want the housekeeping staff in my room. The next day when i got back from work I found my bed was made and my room was cleaned. I leave this place incredibly disappointed and at a loss of $280 dollars. I advise that no one stays here in spite of the cheap price. If you do, please keep your valuables with you at all time and don't leave anything important in your room

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business