“Cute, quiet house”
Review of Josie's B&B Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Josie's B&B Inn
Ranked #52 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I went to Newport in September 2011 for a friend's wedding. Josie's was an affordable and welcoming option. I was a little hesitant at first, seeing as how there's no way to book a room online with a credit card (I had to mail her a check to hold my room), but I was very pleased with the house and accommodations once we arrived. Josie's cooking is amazing (YUMMY french toast!) and we had the whole upstairs to ourselves (private bathroom while we were there). Really enjoyed ourselves at Josie's and liked that it wasn't crowded. I think if more couples booked that weekend, it would have been tight, but we were pleased since we were one of two couples staying. Would definitely return! The value is great for what you pay for.

Room Tip: Room at the top of the stairs was the roomiest, in my opinion.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karastar

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Had a delightful stay at Josie's last week while visiting Newport with friend from the midwest. Josie is a great host, and our breakfast was great and kept us running til lunch time. The Inn is clean and convenient, and Josie makes a great effort to make sure we were comfortable, The Inn is convenient to downtown Newport, but not walking distance for us (seniors).
The Inn has a very nice screen in porch for sitting out and having some wine & cheese after our day in town and sailing in the harbor.
Parking at Josie's is off street and secure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Idjit
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We stayed at Josie's in August last year and plan to stay again in the same month this year. Josie is a great host who made us feel very welcome and very much at home. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast is also great (especially the frittata!). The house is also an easy walk to Thames Street - for the price, it's great value and I'd recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Josie provided awful service booking this hotel. I booked the hotel about 4 weeks in advance for two rooms (4 total adults). Two days later, she told me that one of the rooms had to be cancelled - she had made a mistake and overbooked. But one room was still okay. We decided to keep the one room and our travel buddies went somewhere else.

Throughout this time, Josie was also fairly unresponsive to email inquiries, and never answered multiple questions regarding the total cost for the room including tax (the base rate was on the website.)

Then, it happened. Two days before we were scheduled to arrive at the B&B, Josie called us and said she had made another mistake - she had overbooked and she couldn't put us in the B&B. She had a group of 6 that was taking all of her rooms - we were out of luck. I had emails confirming our reservation, had given her a credit card, etc. but it didn't matter. She told me that there was another couple that she was going to have to bump out as well. She was NOT helpful, and said that she could not find any space for us in another B&B or hotel. She kept saying that "mistakes happen" but would not fix her mistake by booking us a room in another inn or hotel. She also stated that she "would not pay $300-$400 to book us another room." Ultimately, she was rude and unwilling to take responsibility. She hung up on me during our last conversation.

After experiencing two overbookings for the same reservation, I urge you not to book at Josie's B&B. There's a huge possibility that you will be bumped out, since she doesn't have an organized reservation system to keep things straight for her.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank star32_1985
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Josie's B&B Inn was an excellent place to stay on my first trip to Newport, RI. Josie treated us like old friends and went out of her way to make our stay and her hospitality memorable. Her home is beautiful and tastefully decorated with antiques. Inn is located in a quiet residential neighborhood a block or two from bus that will take you anywhere you'd like to go around Newport. Not on water or wharf but walkable distance (approx. 15 minutes on foot) to shops and restaurants there.

I really liked my air-conditioned "Green Room" on the second floor because of its ambiance; rich dark woods, comfy bedding, and more. Born in Italy, Jose has a wealth of information about Newport and cooked us a very nice breakfast each morning after checking with us to see what we'd be interested in eating. This inn occupies half of a large old house and has 3 rooms for rent. I walked through the 3rd floor room and would say it probably has more privacy and a separate sitting area but less style than the two rooms on the second floor. Rooms have small tvs and the first floor has living room, kitchen, outdoor porch, back lawn, and screened in porch accessible to guests. Two second floor rooms share bath with tub. Don't hesitate to give this charming Inn a try!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family