“A Lovely, Family-Friendly B&B”
Review of Josie's B&B Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newport
Josie's B&B Inn
Ranked #47 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Lovely, Family-Friendly B&B”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Josie's Bed & Breakfast last weekend with my husband and 11-year-old son. The location was easy to find and within walking distance of the downtown area as well as the beach and the Cliff Walk/mansion district. Josie was extremely accommodating and made arrangements for us to be able to get inside despite our late arrival. There is private parking behind the bed-and-breakfast, so it feels pretty secure. Josie's house is beautiful and well-kept, and very clean. It's accommodates a maximum of seven guests at a time, so it's perfect for those who want a more intimate environment. We stayed on the third level of the house, which was a converted attic with a private bath. There is a bedroom with a queen bed, and a separate sitting area with an additional twin bed (that was very comfortable). Josie is very friendly and goes out of her way to make guests feel at home. I felt like I was staying at my grandma's house. Josie accommodated our son's taste in food, and the breakfast was absolutely delicious both mornings--we ate every drop! I would absolutely recommend staying at Josie's, whether you are traveling as a couple or a small family (or a large family – if you rent out all three rooms!). I've been vacationing in Newport since I was a kid, and last weekend was one of my most memorable experiences.
Josie does not accept reservations online, which I think is a deterrent for some people. I must admit that due to this, I almost decided to look elsewhere. The website seemed a bit outdated, and I can't remember the last time that I sent a check in the mail. I'm glad I took a chance with Josie. We had a great time and I don't regret it at all.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed at Josie's for two nights at the end of August-early September 2013 and everything was perfect. The room was large, very clean, the entire house is very clean and well maintained. other pluses: WIFI, you can use the kitchen if you need to cook something for yourself, Josie's breakfast is very tasty, the location is great, within walking distance to main attractions, parking is available in the back. And, of course, Josie is a wonderful, lovely person! We would stay again anytime we will go to Newport and highly recommend Josie's B&B!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Safety Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights in late August 2013 and loved it. Our room was the entire 3rd floor of the house with a private bathroom & mini fridge so was very private & quiet. There was free parking in front & back of the house & also free WIFI which was great. Everything was very comfortable and clean and the surroundings were also wonderful. We were able to walk to the cliff walk/beach & downtown Newport restaurants & bars ad well. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order and delicious. Josie was the nicest, sweetest & most helpful hostess we could ask for. She made our stay in Newport even more special & I look forward to staying here again one day. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Our room was the entire 3rd floor of the house with a private bathroom & mini fridge so was very...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Our first visit to Josie's was perfect. We were made to feel at home from the start. Nice 15- 20 min walk to Down town and beach/cliff walk. Rooms were Extra Clean with nice linens. We stayed in room with private bath and extra twin bed so if you have kids this would be excellent room. Now to the best part, Breakfast. Yes the breakfast was awesome. Fancy French toast baked in the oven with real apples. Real homemade blueberry muffins. Fresh fruit. Great Omelet's, toast and best coffee. Eat breakfast here and you will make it till dinner on a light snack. We didn't like not being able to book online but after meeting and talking with her we are glad the way it is. During our visit Josie had made a huge tray of lasagna to take to her daughters for a cookout. As we were leaving for dinner out on the town I made the comment on how good the food smelled. Jose tells us to have a seat on the deck for a minute. I tell here we have dinner reservation and that were running late She promises not make us late so we sit. In 2 min she had two plates with lasagna, salad and a loaf of Italian bread. She also makes the best roasted red peppers in olive oil and garlic/basil. Oh and a nice bottle of Red wine. After serving us she jumped in the car and went to her daughters. My wife and I had an excellent dinner on the deck The meal was amazing. When we were checking out I asked about paying for that dinner and she laughed and said no charge for that.. That's what sets a bed and breakfast apart from a hotel. I have never had such an enjoyable time staying somewhere. Josie, thanks for a great week and see you next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Woodbridge, Connecticut
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We've stayed with Josie twice for weekends of the Newport Jazz Festival and have been really pleased both times! The house is comfortable and immaculate, breakfast is yummy! And the price is always reasonable, unlike most B&B's in Newport at festival time. Josie was very accommodating of our needing vegetarian food only for breakfast, as well as being happy to adjust the schedule so that we could leave early each morning to secure great festival seating. Josie is wonderfully friendly and welcoming. Added perk: parking space! On our recent return trip, we brought friends who were equally as charmed as we were! We will definitely go back to Josie's the next time we're in Newport - why would we go anywhere else?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kuperst
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I went to Newport in September 2011 for a friend's wedding. Josie's was an affordable and welcoming option. I was a little hesitant at first, seeing as how there's no way to book a room online with a credit card (I had to mail her a check to hold my room), but I was very pleased with the house and accommodations once we arrived. Josie's cooking is amazing (YUMMY french toast!) and we had the whole upstairs to ourselves (private bathroom while we were there). Really enjoyed ourselves at Josie's and liked that it wasn't crowded. I think if more couples booked that weekend, it would have been tight, but we were pleased since we were one of two couples staying. Would definitely return! The value is great for what you pay for.

Room Tip: Room at the top of the stairs was the roomiest, in my opinion.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karastar
Saratoga Springs NY
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Had a delightful stay at Josie's last week while visiting Newport with friend from the midwest. Josie is a great host, and our breakfast was great and kept us running til lunch time. The Inn is clean and convenient, and Josie makes a great effort to make sure we were comfortable, The Inn is convenient to downtown Newport, but not walking distance for us (seniors).
The Inn has a very nice screen in porch for sitting out and having some wine & cheese after our day in town and sailing in the harbor.
Parking at Josie's is off street and secure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Idjit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newport
The Carriage House Inn, an Ascend Collection hotel
#8 of 95 in Newport
Hilltop Inn
Hilltop Inn
#10 of 95 in Newport

Been to Josie's B&B Inn? Share your experiences!