“Staff was rude”
Review of Firehouse Theater

Firehouse Theater
Ranked #1 of 4 Fun & Games in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: The Firehouse Theater has become RI's most award winning comedy and live performance spot with their house group, The Bit Players earning the title of "Best Comedy Night" and "Comedy Troupe of the Year" multiple times and various special events & shows throughout the year. Hilarious improv performances, modeled after the hit show "Whose Line is it Anyway" can be seen EVERY Friday at 8PM & Saturday at 8PM & 10PM ALL YEAR LONG. Plus, they offer additional show times in the summer along with classes, workshops, and private parties all year. Every show is BYOB! Coming for a special event? Let us know ahead of time and we will make the guest(s) of honor a special part of the show. We also offer private parties at the Firehouse. Didn't miss a moment of funny. Laugh More.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Brookhaven, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Staff was rude”
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I read so many good revues about this place and I couldn't wait to go. I had reservations for the 8:00show and received a phone call at 7:30 stating they hope I'm on my way or they won't hold my seats. When I did get there I had a hard time finding a parking spot. By the time I walked to the Firehouse it was 7:57 and the show was starting. The woman was rude to us and made us all uncomfortable. We asked if we could have cups for the BYOB and I had to find them, no ice. I couldn't see to pour anything so I didn't bother. At this point I just wanted to sit back and enjoy the show. I felt like something was wrong with me because I didn't get any of the jokes. At intermission I found out none of my friends did either. We left at intermission. This was the first time I ever left a show early.

1 Thank Susieque052
Frank F, Manager at Firehouse Theater, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Hi There! I am so sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at the Firehouse. We certainly do everything we can to ensure our guests have a fun and laughter-filled evening. We always encourage guests to arrive a half hour early simply because we have a very popular show and we want to make sure everyone is seated and settled before the show begins. The way the theater is set-up, it is hard to usher people in last minute or late. This is not an excuse for any rudeness that you may have encountered. This issue will be addressed and seen through to be sure that is does not happen again. As you can see from other reviews, the majority of our guests love our show and their experience at the theater. I deeply apologize again and hope that you make it to another show to have the hilarious and energizing night that most of our guests do.

NY
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Interesting Improv shows”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My first time going to a improv show. The interactiveness of the audience and on the fly jokes were pretty impressive at times and not so impressive at other times. I don't really enjoy the singing. The theater is located where an old firehouse used to be so it had some history.

Visited October 2013
East Haven, Connecticut, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“SOOO funny... Great Price...”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Firehouse Theater was a fun little quirky place and a great night of entertainment for little money. The improve was hysterically funny. Very convenient to be able to bring your own bottle. I reserved two weeks ahead for a Saturday night show and was a little disappointed that when we arrived and they marked our names off the list but there were very few seats other than in the back but the first 2 rows were roped off which was confusing since I wasn't sure if that was for the people who reserved? NO one sat there until later when they took the ropes off and said that people could move forward. Also the comedy club was a bit hard to find . REGARDLESS, the show was funny, audience participation was fun and the price was right for a great night of entertainment

Visited September 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I just wanted to take a minute and apologize about the seating issues you experienced. We encourage all of or guests to make a reservation for the show because we often sell out. With that said, a reservation only promises that you will have seats in the house but it does not guarantee where they will be. The show is still general admission. The only time we will reserve seats is for a large group who requests this ahead of time. Occasionally, a group like this will not show up for the show which leaves us with a section of empty seats. It sounds like that is what happened on the night you came to the theater. We are sorry if it took away from your experience in any way but we are happy to hear that you still enjoyed the show with our amazingly talented Bit Players. Hope to see you again in the future!
Bridgewater, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Bit Players made for a great night of fun”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The improv comedy was at moments very funny other times corny but made for a great night of entertainment. We plan on returning.

Visited October 2013
Hawthorne, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

Tons of fun and laughs. Great entertainment for $15 BYOB and free sodas for the DD. Fresh break from a movie and did I mention BYOB? I I lived here I'd come once a month!