“We will definitely be back!”

Hydrangea House Inn
Ranked #5 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The gourmet breakfast was delicious each day. WE felt like we were at home especially with Grant and Dennis. Robert is a wonderful person, full of tons of information on where top go, what to do, and just about anything else you may need, very accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The rooms are clean and nicely decorated but a little uncomfortable. Hosts are wonderfully helpful and provide a great breakfast at 9 each morning. The Inn also has a nice little garden and free parking.

1  Thank MFC778
Reviewed 16 June 2014

It was the perfect two-day holiday and getaway. The staff, led by Dennis and Grant, were simply superb. The accomodations were more beautiful than the pictures led me to believe, and the ambience was just what my baby and I needed. I wanted to do something special for the woman I love, so Dennis and Grant went to the only florist open and got me the most exquisite roses imaginable. The wine store next door provided a great variety of international selections. The staff went above and beyond, including making dinner reservations, setting up a couples massage, and calling a cab for us because of the weather and lack of parking at the restaurant. It was one of the most memorable times I've ever had, and I have Grant, Dennis, Robert, and Lisa to thank for it.

Room Tip: Choose the Chesterfield Suite!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Silentpartner8164
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Quiet rooms, friendly and delightful hosts, great location, free parking, excellent full breakfast, beautiful gardens. What more could you ask for. I would return if I visit Newport again. I never could quite figure out the heat system yet I didn't ask.

Fred Biamonte
Branford, CT

Room Tip: Pick a mini-suite accessible from the back entrance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Hydrangea House for three nights in May and had a terrific time. We arrived early, but Grant and Dennis had no problem checking us in early. The public and guest rooms in the Inn are colorful, open, well decorated, clean and very comfortable. We even had a surprise mirror in our room that changed into a HDTV with the press of a button. Breakfasts were terrific! So was wine and cheese in the afternoon!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have some street noise and some crowd noise from the hotel bar across the street
1  Thank PatFCVA
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our first experience at a Bed and Breakfast and I think we picked a the best place in Newport. We stayed in the Winter suite. The suite is large and is beautifully furnished. It was also very clean. Loved the double shower! Dennis, Grant, Lisa and Robert made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was fantastic and very filling. I enjoyed sitting down with the other guests in the morning for breakfast. I would definitely recommend a stay here!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We couldn't have enjoyed our stay at this inn more. We snuck down to Newport to get married and spent 4 nights at Hydrangea House Inn. We stayed in the Chesterfield room on the second floor facing Bellevue Ave. The room and furnishings were pure luxury! A gorgeous king size bed, gas fireplace and huge whirlpool tub made for cozy evenings. The dual head glass enclosed shower with steam option was, well, FUN! Dennis, Grant, Lisa and Robert are a fantastic team, you will immediately feel at home. Breakfast in the dining room was my favorite part of everyday! Grant makes coffee available early and every meal was a treat. I looked forward to the tiny mason jars with yogurt and fresh berries, the texture of the yogurt was so light & fluffy! Our inn mates were lovely people who chatted easily and were very good company. Several of the came down to the site of our wedding and stayed for the short ceremony. We just loved it! We will return again & again. BethAnn & Jim Noury

Room Tip: Any room in the house!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel