Hydrangea House Inn
Newport Bay Club & Hotel(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$372
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$606
Orbitz.com
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
US$622
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$408
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewschesterfield suitesteam showerwine and cheesewinter gardenhomemade yogurtmy husband and ifrittersveranda roomcookiesother guestseach morningbeautiful dining roomback porchwonderful hostsbed and breakfastwithin walking distanceowners and staff
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We stayed in the Oak room for our wedding weekend. The room is VERY large, has an amazing bathroom w/ hot tub. Cozy Fireplace. Super Clean! The innkeepers are the nicest people we have ever met. The breakfasts are AMAZING. This place is worth every penny.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Loved everything about our stay.
Grant ahd Dennis could not have been more wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We went up for a very last minute weekend getaway and couldn't find a room anywhere decent. We found the Hydrangea House had a room available (surprisingly) and took it despite my boyfriend not being very fond of Bed and Breakfasts. We both loved it! Our room was so cozy and quaint and much attention was given to detail. The breakfast was amazing as well. We would absolutly go back and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I just spent two nights in the Carrie In Paris Suite. The Inn is one of the best I have stayed in....and I have stayed in many! First, the location-a few short blocks put you to the famous Newport Wharf area, and it is located on the same street as the historic mansions. You are right in the historic district with its shops and restaurants. I had visited mansions on a prior trip, so I did not go this time round (I believe there is a trolley that travels Bellevue Avenue which can drop you at many of them). Instead, I took in the Newport Art Museum, Trinity Church as well as the Redwood Library and Athenaeum. Second-the room. I had a chance to look at almost all the rooms, as they were being made up in the morning, or were unoccupied at the time of my arrival. What was so surprising to me was the HUGE amount of room in each. I mean they are very, very spacious! Beautifully decorated and the walls painted creative colors. The photos on the web site do not do them justice! Cute upstairs 3rd floor landing and common room lead to 2 very large rooms with access to oudoor balcony. All other rooms have a large rear veranda for common use (think, New Orleans) with cozy furniture to relax and take in the breezes. Also a beautiful common living room with fireplace I can just imagine in the fall/winter to be as cozy and inviting. Beds are incredibly comfortable, made up with premium sheets and a nice thin comforter which was perfect for my summer nights rest. Note how many of the rooms shown on the website situate the bed up a couple steps from an in suite sitting area. Cute detail! My bathroom (as were most others) was marble floored and counter-topped, with a spacious shower. There was a gas fireplace that went unused due to the season, and a jet-powered soaking tub. I used the tub once...don't know that two could fit, and it was not like the one I own that is a true "spa" tub with powerful jets. That was the only thing near to a negative I could offer up on this inn. Third-breakfast. Delicious and plentiful! A creative puff pastry filled with poached egg and sauce with fresh herbs, fresh melon balls and meyer lemon scones one day...raspberry pancakes with home made sausage and fresh blueberries with cream served another. Both were excellent, and plenty was made for everyone to help themselves to seconds. Fourth-Innkeepers. Grant and Dennis were both personable, humorous, and very informative with great suggestions on how to spend my time.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank nlpNorthernNJ
Reviewed 16 March 2009

owners were great, any special requests were granted. nice rooms. we enjoyed the st. pattys dinner at Griswolds Tavern down the street. the inn is a close walk(few blocks) to the wharfs. off street parking is in the rear of the inn

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple