“I would stay at Hydrangea House Inn again and again”

Hydrangea House Inn
Ranked #5 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 October 2010

In doing research for my trip I came upon this Inn and it exceeded all my expectations. The Innkeepers were very gracious, friendly and helpful. The food and overall service was excellent - I couldn't have asked for more. Even the other guests were friendly and socialable; in fact most of them had stayed at this Inn repeatedly. The location was wonderful as well - within walking distance to most of the city. I don't think I could have landed at a better Inn.

I would surely stay at Hydrangea House Inn again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 October 2010

Can't wait to return next year. The room was beautiful and even more than expected. The staff was friendly and super helpful.

Reviewed 22 August 2010

My husband and I found ourselves planning an unexpected overnight in Newport, RI recently. We were thrilled to find that the Hydrangea House Inn had last minute availabitly. We had stayed for a long weekend in 2007 and really enjoyed the hospitality and location. We were greeted by Dennis & Grant like we were old friends. What a wonderful experience - AGAIN!

Reviewed 12 August 2010

Beautiful inn, perfect location, great breakfast, very nice hosts. We would definitely stay here again. The woodwork in the Oak Room is gorgeous and the bathroom is spectacular!

1  Thank Skantravellady
Reviewed 7 August 2010

This is unquestionably the best b&b I've ever been to. And I've been to many. The house was beautiful, our room was beyond amazing filled w/ gorgeous antiques next to modern amenities. Amazing bed and fabulous bathroom with a steam shower and jetted jacuzzi tub. My favorite part however was the breakfast. I have never been served such decadent and DELICIOUS food at any b&b. It was spectacular. Our hosts were friendly and helpful and PRIVATE. My now fiance told them he was going to propose to me that weekend and they never let on at all just made great arrangements for us. It will always, always be a magical place to me since they are now part of our engagement and I would gladly spend every anniversary at their lovely establishment.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2010

* Greeted warmly by Dennis and Grant, the innkeepers
* Booked the Hydrangea Suite - fabulous room! My husband and I loved the comfortable king sized bed, the jacuzzi, and the shower-sauna.
* Fantastic location - close walk to major attractions on Thames and Bellevue Ave.
* Breakfast - homemade blueberry muffins, yogurt, granola, eggs. So delicious!
* Overall, my husband and I loved the inn and we will definitely go back. It is pricey, but we truly believe "you get what you pay for!"

We can't wait to go back soon!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2010

My husband and I were looking for a place to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We decided on Newport, as neither of us had ever been there. Since this was a time of "firsts" we also decided to stay at a Bed and Breakfast for the first time. Boy, did we find a gem! The pictures online drew us in--Our suite was exactly as it appeared online--2 person steam shower, jacuzzi, and semi-private porch and all! The entire inn was very well-decorated, with each room having it's own unique decor.

Upon our arrival, we were met with Dennis' warm smile. Both Dennis and Grant are fantastic hosts. The gourmet breakfasts each morning were unbelievably delicious. While Grant changes up the menu daily, we'll refrain from sharing to keep an element of surprise. The daily wine and cheese hour was very relaxing. We enjoyed taking our wine out to the rocking chairs and just having a chill afternoon.
As it was our anniversary, we treated ourselves to massages. These were pre-arranged and the massage therapists set up right in our room. It was blissful.
We had even brought the top of our wedding cake to the inn. Grant and Dennis stored it in their fridge and personally delivered it to our room upon our request. We couldn't have asked for better accommodations.

There's also plenty to do and see in Newport, especially in the spring/summer months. Dennis and Grant gave fabulous recommendations and were very helpful in giving directions. Not to be missed are the cliff walk and the mansions (of course). There are a ton of great restaurants in the area: We loved the White Horse Tavern (for a romantic evening), Salvation Cafe (for something eclectic), and Puerini's (for great Italian dining).

To sum up, Hydrangea House Inn is a perfect spot to celebrate any special occasion, or even just a weekend away from home. It's centrally located on the island and within walking distance to all of the area attractions. We can't wait to return. Maybe we'll try another suite at the inn this time, but it's hard to pass up that 2 person-steam shower.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple