Just got back from our 3rd stay in as many years. Our first stay was fine, nice views from the townhouse suites. Upon check-in last year for our second stay in a suite, we were told that on one morning we needed to be out of our room at 8am for mandatory maintenance on the heating system, so "please be prepared." This was the beginning of April, the weather was consistently cool and rainy for the 4 days we were there. We don't have kids, so getting up and out by 8am is unheard of for us, as it is VACATION! This did not sit well with us at all, especially since we would periodically return to our room only to find the door not only unlocked, but wide open and nobody ever inside fixing anything! Not only that, but there was no heat the entire time we were there. I can appreciate that this is a beautiful old building, however that means not a lot (if any) insulation. We were cold and unhappy. I feel like 'maintenence' on an entire building is not something that happens out of the blue, and we would have gladly post-poned our trip had we recieved a phone call. We did complain, they offered us a bottle of wine, which we turned down because we got a free one with our package, and had just come from the vineyard and had a case in the trunk. The next day, they gave us a gift certificate for the same package for the same time this year! We were absolutely thrilled, as we only expected them to maybe comp a night! SO, we just got back this afternoon, and I'm looking for alternate places to stay next time. They wouldn't let us check in a little early, there were dirty dishes in the sink, and empty aspirin packages on the counter upon check-in, the room was a sauna despite trying to turn the heat down (ironic, huh?), the bed was so incredibly uncomfortable, when we were ready to leave I did a quick sweep of the room and sort of looked under the bed for missing socks and found a bunch of popcorn kernels...we didn't have popcorn at all and the gift shop downstairs was not open at all the whole 4 days we were there. The walls are very thin, and you do hear everything. The location is prime and the staff is friendly, but you have to figure out what you really want in a vacation. If it is clean, quiet and updated, this is not your place. I would stay here again if I couldn't find an alternate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Club is an all-suite hotel located on the Harborfront in downtown Newport, RI. Beautiful one and two bedroom suites and multi level townhouses with kitchens, living and dining areas. Sweeping views from our private outside decks. Located at the intersection of America's Cup Avenue and Thames Street, this prime address allows you to leave your vehicle in our private lot (parking is included for ONE vehicle only) and walk to all of downtown Newport's offerings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Newport Bay Club & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Bay Club And Hotel
- Newport Bay Club Hotel Newport
- Newport Bay Hotel
- Bay Club Newport