“Most wonderful stay on our honeymoon!”

La Farge Perry House
Ranked #7 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Most wonderful stay on our honeymoon!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in the John LaFarge room, which was absolutely gorgeous. The whole house was stunning and was full of historic details. We totally fell in love with our innkeeper, Marise, who guided us to the best restaurants in town and made us feel like we were her family. The area of course was amazing, and we had a wonderful time exploring the palatial mansions on the cliff walk after a delicious lunch at The Chanler. The night life was pretty vibrant despite the chilly evening weather. Next time we visit Newport we'll go back to the La Farge Perry House and stay a week!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Latham, NY
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My Husband and I stayed here in The Oliver room for my Birthday. The pictures on the website dont do the rooms of the gorgeous Bed and Breakfast justice, please make this your stay for a Bed and Breakfast, you wont regret it!!!
Marriss is Gem and an excellent cook, and baker, Breakfast was delightful each day we stayed there, we were able to enjoy 2 breakfast with Marriss and the other Guest. Fresh cookies and apple tarts in the afternoon, and of course coffee and tea were available at all times. Marriss even showed us the other rooms throughout the house after other guest had checked out, My husband and I were one of the only couples there Monday morning, she even allowed us to keep our cars at the B&B after we checked out so we could avoid spending gas$ and paying parking fees. The Oliver is delightful, and faces East so the Sun pours through the wooden blinds in the am beckoning you to join the other guest for breakfast in the dining room. The next time we stay we will be renting the William room as you cant beat the views! You cant go wrong with any room at this B&B, so stay here and be greeted by sweet Marris and she'll make you feel at home and like family, and sends you off with Hug at check out. :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bow, New Hampshire
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I know this review is late but we have since stayed in 2 other B & Bs in Newport and thought I should review. This one of the most gorgeous inns I Have ever stayed in. The house is spacious, with impeccable furnishings and a beautiful dining room. Having been to the mansions, I felt as if I was staying at a mini-extension of the Gilded Age. When we visit Newport, it is never past April because of the crowds and rates but from what I can tell, rates for this inn are very reasonable throughout the year. It is a 10 minute walk to the waterfront, which is perfect. We've done it in all sorts if weather. The rooms are beautiful an the amenities, top-notch. We stayed when Jennifer was the inn-keeper. Don't think she's there anymore. The breakfast was out-of-this world with perfect personal attention. You should consider this inn.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone. My husband and I had an amazing stay. We stayed in the John LaFarge room. It was extremely confortable, and the entire place was spotless. The pictures online do not do this place justice. The inn keeper, Marise, was great. The breakfast she cooked was delicious, and the advice she gave about Newport was spot on! If you are looking to stay in Newport, the LaFarge Perry House is the place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We were lucky enough to stay here for 2 nights in October 2013. We had been travelling for nearly a month when we stopped here and recharged our batteries. We could not fault the place and the hospitality shown to us by the incomparable Marise was second to none. Our room was the beautifully appointed Commodore Matthew Galbraith Perry Room and it was suitably luxurious and homely at the same time. We had the most amazing breakfasts with Marise cooking and ‘serving’ us a genuine Newport experience. For 2 days we were transported back to the Gilded Age and we almost believed we were a part of Newport society. If you want to treat yourself to something special La Farge Perry House is the place to go.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kate358
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I choose La Farge Perry because I wanted a smaller B&B,attention to detail and a home like atmosphere. Lafarge has five bedrooms, a lovely living room area, dining room and breakfast sun room. The porch has plenty of seating and there is sufficient parking space. I booked the Master suite which occupies most of the second floor. It consists of a large bedroom with a king size bed, plumped up with crisp linens. Two cozy overstuffed chairs and a table front the nonworking fireplace and a third chair in the corner with a floor lamp, invites settling in with a good book or tablet.
The adjacent room, the bathroom, is big and includes a sunken tub overlooking the side garden. The two vanities are separated by a very oversized granite shower with dual shower heads . Marise , the innkeeper is not stingy with towels. Our family of four
had eight large bath towels and the usual hand and wash cloths. There were cotton waffle robes for all four of us. Off the bathroom is a hallway with a separate room for toilet and bidet. There is a second bedroom with a double bed, tv and dresser. We used one of the huge walk in closets to set up the rollaway. Two adult sons were not keen on sleeping in a double bed together.
For breakfast Marise serves up eggs any way you want them. Her father ran a chicken store and I think when it comes to eggs she is a master. Fresh fruit, granola and baked breads completed the superb breakfast. Marise is a wealth of knowledge for local sites and dining.
We knew we would be arriving after check-in hours and made arrangements for entry in advance. The owners of La Farge Perry own the Chanler, a luxury hotel close to the water. La Farge Perry guests can use the valet parking at Chanler fwhen walking Cliff walk.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SplendidTraveler
Bellingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Came back again this year and so glad I did. Marise is a charming and attentive innkeeper, she nailed the Eggs Benedict I was so looking forward to. Beautiful place close to everything without being right smack in the middle - lovely room again. Very relaxing time. Will never stay anywhere else.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple