“Marise is Awesome!”

La Farge Perry House
Ranked #10 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed at the La Farge Perry House last Friday night because we had a wedding in town. My parents stayed as well. My boyfriend and I arrived early, so we stopped by to see if we could get an early check in. Marise, the Inn Keeper answered the door and was very welcoming and accommodating. Our room wasn't quite ready yet (which was totally fine as it was only 11:30am), so Marise walked us through a map of Newport, talked to us about the different attractions, and recommended some restaurants for lunch. We went out for a bite to eat while we waited for our room to be finished.

The house is gorgeous, and very convenient and walkable to downtown Newport. We stayed in the John La Farge room and really enjoyed it. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was enormous! I think you could probably cartwheel in there!

Breakfast in the morning was delicious. I should add that the coffee was great as well. Marise does a great job of taking care of everything (including breakfast) and making sure that you have everything that you need. We had a great time and would absolutely stay here again.

My mom may not write a review, but I'll add that my parents had a great time too. Hopefully that's useful - I am in my thirties, my parents are in their sixties. So, regardless of age, this is a great place!

Room Tip: John La Farge is lovely!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hillsk8

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I visited Newport in a mid week vacation and found the inn via a Living Social offer. What a nice surprise! Gorgeous rooms, historic details, delicious home-cooked breakfasts, and the charming inkeeper, Marise who provides excellent advice on mansions and restaurants to visit. Choose rooms on upper floors.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Nycadventuress
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here the last weekend in may. We were hoping for a relaxing long weekend away, and it exceeded all our expectation! Marise was AMAZING! From the moment we walked in she was so warm and welcoming. She went over the details of our stay, made suggestions for restaurants and activities, she made dinner reservations for us. She even gave us a map and showed us where everything was. All her suggestions were spot on. Our stay was so much better because of her.

We stayed in the Margaret room. It was perfect for us! It was on the smaller side but bright and beautiful. The bathroom was huge! It had a 2 person jacuzzi tub which was so fun! Breakfast was always delicious; Maurice does a great job!

We went to a couple mansions, marble house was our favorite.

Definitely looking forward to visiting again soon! The only thing we would have changed is that we would have liked to stay longer! We will be recommending this place to all our friends!

Ps. Follow Marise's advice! She really knows her stuff!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Liz-rpal
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My husband and I stayed in the John LaFarge room, which was absolutely gorgeous. The whole house was stunning and was full of historic details. We totally fell in love with our innkeeper, Marise, who guided us to the best restaurants in town and made us feel like we were her family. The area of course was amazing, and we had a wonderful time exploring the palatial mansions on the cliff walk after a delicious lunch at The Chanler. The night life was pretty vibrant despite the chilly evening weather. Next time we visit Newport we'll go back to the La Farge Perry House and stay a week!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My Husband and I stayed here in The Oliver room for my Birthday. The pictures on the website dont do the rooms of the gorgeous Bed and Breakfast justice, please make this your stay for a Bed and Breakfast, you wont regret it!!!
Marriss is Gem and an excellent cook, and baker, Breakfast was delightful each day we stayed there, we were able to enjoy 2 breakfast with Marriss and the other Guest. Fresh cookies and apple tarts in the afternoon, and of course coffee and tea were available at all times. Marriss even showed us the other rooms throughout the house after other guest had checked out, My husband and I were one of the only couples there Monday morning, she even allowed us to keep our cars at the B&B after we checked out so we could avoid spending gas$ and paying parking fees. The Oliver is delightful, and faces East so the Sun pours through the wooden blinds in the am beckoning you to join the other guest for breakfast in the dining room. The next time we stay we will be renting the William room as you cant beat the views! You cant go wrong with any room at this B&B, so stay here and be greeted by sweet Marris and she'll make you feel at home and like family, and sends you off with Hug at check out. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I know this review is late but we have since stayed in 2 other B & Bs in Newport and thought I should review. This one of the most gorgeous inns I Have ever stayed in. The house is spacious, with impeccable furnishings and a beautiful dining room. Having been to the mansions, I felt as if I was staying at a mini-extension of the Gilded Age. When we visit Newport, it is never past April because of the crowds and rates but from what I can tell, rates for this inn are very reasonable throughout the year. It is a 10 minute walk to the waterfront, which is perfect. We've done it in all sorts if weather. The rooms are beautiful an the amenities, top-notch. We stayed when Jennifer was the inn-keeper. Don't think she's there anymore. The breakfast was out-of-this world with perfect personal attention. You should consider this inn.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone. My husband and I had an amazing stay. We stayed in the John LaFarge room. It was extremely confortable, and the entire place was spotless. The pictures online do not do this place justice. The inn keeper, Marise, was great. The breakfast she cooked was delicious, and the advice she gave about Newport was spot on! If you are looking to stay in Newport, the LaFarge Perry House is the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014