“Center of the Universe”

Bannister's Wharf Guest Rooms
Ranked #63 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Not having been on the east coast for years, I wanted a memorable visit. I did research on the net and I kept going back to this little hotel. Not getting a response via email from the owner, I called him personally. I asked a few pertinent questions about his hotel and he informed me that it was "the center of the universe". Well, I thought this guy is so "full of it" or he has described a wonderful unique place to stay. I thought, what do I have to lose? Well, he was right. I could not have been more delighted, the location is FABULOUS. I ran down the stairs in the morning for my java at the Coffee Grinder, set on the deck watching the beautiful boats, fireworks, etc. I took a picture of my foot propped up on a baluster with nothing between me and the water. Shopping, restaurants, all sorts of activity was just below me. I cannot say enough about this wonderful gem in the rough. The room is very average but clean and bright, has all you need and the wharf makes up for the lack of extras in the room.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank harleymiss
There are newer reviews for Bannister's Wharf Guest Rooms

Reviewed 6 September 2008

We stayed here a week and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We had one of the rooms facing the harbor. The room shared a nice sized deck with a few other rooms and this deck had a great view. The room was an average, smallish, and somewhat dated motel type room with two double beds, but was perfectly comfortable. The TV had satellite reception with many channels (no premium channels however). The wireless internet worked on the deck but not in our particular room. Further, it was a somewhat slow internet service. Parking is provided, but is very tight and a little congested getting to your space.
The really great thing about this place is the location. Besides the great harbor view, it is right in the center of the harbor area with many restaurants and shops just steps away. Bannister's Wharf itself has the famous Black Pearl Restaurant right there, and there are other good restaurants as well.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank fromdelmar
Reviewed 20 December 2007

The location of these very modest rooms is incredible. It's right on the water, next to the super expensive yachts, in the middle of it all. The room itself was a modest motel room. But the experience was really something, we stayed outside late at night, enjoying being right on the water and spent only a few hours on a not too comfortable bed. If you are up for an experience and don't care about comfort - this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple