“Another perfect sail”

US$139.00*
and up
America's Cup Yacht Racing Experience in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Set Sail aboard the America's Cup 12 Meter yachts of Newport, Rhode Island! 12 Meter Charters offers customized group charters and daily sailing cruises aboard our 65 foot America's Cup 12 Meter contenders. Participate in the sailing or just sit back and enjoy the sights! Our professional team has over 100 years of combined sailing experience - let them share their passion for 12 Meter sailing with you! EXHILARATION • RELAXATION • UNIQUELY NEWPORT
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Wellesley, Massachusetts
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Another perfect sail”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We returned to heritage, this time with our 13 and 9 year old daughters. They are now spoiled. Captains Gus, Cedar and Eli put them through the chores of tailing lines, setting sails and taking the helm on a beautiful sail out of Newport Harbor and into Narragansett Bay. We had the added pleasure of watching some of the sailing megayachts finish this year's Bucket Race. It was a perfect sail on a perfect cruise. The crew is the best. When in Newport ake a sail on Heritage. You will be pleased.

• Hebrew first
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"A Lifetime Memory"”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This sailing experience was something I'll never forget... The crew of Captain Gus, Cedar and Max were all exceptional sailors and very personable individuals which enhanced my enjoyment. I was was on a siblings weekend with my family and my five brothers and uncle were also, aboard the Heritage that day... It was my first opportunity to sail and between the excellent sailing conditions, the crew, my family and being aboard an America's Cup 12 meter, I can not adequately describe the level of my excitement. A totally AWESOME afternoon on the water!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Brian O
Coventry, Rhode Island
“Sailing on an historic 12 Meter Yacht!!”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Great experience. Wonderful evening sailing around Newport and under the Newport bridge and up Narragansett Bay. Can't imagine a nicer evening sail on a charter than this one was. It was a small group and not crammed on the boat with too many other people. Plus the history of being on Columbia, the first of this vintage 12 meter to win America's Cup!! Magnificent.

Visited September 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Best sail ever!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am a local Newporter and have been on the water many times before. Nothing has compared to the excitement and fun of running up Narragansett Bay in a 12 meter America's Cup sailboat! It was a perfect day for a sail, which meant spending a lot of the time perpendicular to the water. The crew was terrific! The Captain, Ms. Cedar, was confident and engaging and a thoroughly seasoned sailor who gave us a thrilling ride. Not your usual harbor sail! My friend from Iowa was still talking about it days later. Highly recommend it!

Fairfax, VA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience for my 8 year old's first sail”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I grew up on Aquidneck Island but moved away a number of years ago. I hadn't been on the bay in a long time, and my husband and 8 year old son had never seen it from the water, and my son had never been on a sail boat. We had a great experience with 12M Charters! The crew (Cedar, Gus, and Eli) were all great. Capable but relaxed, and very friendly. Nice bonus to have a woman as our captain! It was fun to be able to help with the sails and to steer a yacht (great photos of this.) Also enjoyed seeing the sites, even with some fog. Love that these old America's Cup boats get to live on and be enjoyed by many. I will definitely consider doing this again on a future visit.