“Really Windy, Really Great”
Review of 12 Meter Charters

12 Meter Charters
Book In Advance
More Info
US$79.00*
and up
2 Hour Newport Harbor Sail Aboard Former America's Cup Yacht
More attraction details
Owner description: Set Sail aboard the America's Cup 12 Meter yachts of Newport, Rhode Island! 12 Meter Charters offers customized group charters and daily sailing cruises aboard our 65 foot America's Cup 12 Meter contenders. Participate in the sailing or just sit back and enjoy the sights! Our professional team has over 100 years of combined sailing experience - let them share their passion for 12 Meter sailing with you! EXHILARATION • RELAXATION • UNIQUELY NEWPORT
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Richland, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Really Windy, Really Great”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

It was a fabulous day to sail. The trip out was fun, everyone had a chance to pilot the boat and view the sights. On the way back the wind picked up and we were all on the edges of our seats literally. The crew was so good there was never a moment of concern. We had the best sail ever.

1 Thank njb28

• Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 291 helpful votes
“Great time and great fun!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We did it as part of the cruise excursion, so we had a great morning sail. On their website, they only had evening tours. In any case, it was a bit more expensive since it was with the cruise, but it was a great experience. We had great wind and I got to participate in the actual sailing. We sailed through the water smoothly. Had a great time, lots of picture opportunities! We sailed by the Rose Island Lighthouse as well. So bonus, no need to visit separately.

2 Thank savvy_traveller175
Parma Heights, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful first time sailing experience”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had the pleasure of sailing on the Columbia, which won the America's Cup in 1958. The crew was organized and friendly. My husband and I were able to help raise the sail! They offer the option to participate or you are more than welcome to just relax and enjoy the ride. We were fortunate to have perfect weather during our exciting, yet relaxing, sail. The crew is very friendly. This is quite a way to see Newport from the water. A truly special experience and highly recommended!

“SO much fun!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I booked this sail because I wanted to take some type of boat tour around Newport and I had never been on a sailboat. I told my husband we were taking a 2 hour sunset sail and he wasn't all that excited because he assumed it would be a boring sail (so did I but I just wanted to see the sights, was less concerned with adventure). Boy were we surprised!!! This sail was A BLAST...we had such an awesome time and it was simply gorgeous out there as well. I snapped some amazing pictures (I attached 2). The crew was entertaining as well! We are definitely going to bring the kids back to do this in a few years when they are old enough. We were on the Columbia and will request the same one again.

West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Amazing Way to See Newport RI”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My office team took an excursion on a gorgeous Wednesday night on the Columbia boat. Kevin, Laura and Chris manned the sailboat and were so courteous with us, fielding some of my our silly questions (ie has anyone ever fallen in? and excuse me what is that island over there?) and being involved with us, yet unobtrusive. They made me feel like I had known them for years. We also had some wine and beer that they helped to serve to us. The ride started off nice and smooth, we went under the Newport Bridge and when we turned around to go back that's where the fun started. The wind was strong headed back so the boat slanted adding excitement and lots of laughs from us! Some of us helped to "grind" and also fold the sail at the end of the ride. The Harvest Moon was out at the same time as the sun and what a spectacular way to ride back into the harbor. I recommend this to anyone looking for something different than walking around Newport looking at shops and just eating all of the time. There is something very special about being on the water that gives you a new appreciation for the things and people around you.