“A Real Blast”

US$79.00*
and up
2 Hour Newport Harbor Sail Aboard Former America's Cup Yacht
More attraction details
Owner description: Set Sail aboard the America's Cup 12 Meter yachts of Newport, Rhode Island! 12 Meter Charters offers customized group charters and daily sailing cruises aboard our 65 foot America's Cup 12 Meter contenders. Participate in the sailing or just sit back and enjoy the sights! Our professional team has over 100 years of combined sailing experience - let them share their passion for 12 Meter sailing with you! EXHILARATION • RELAXATION • UNIQUELY NEWPORT
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is a fun,fun,fun, sailing experiance -not for the faint of heart. I highly recommend you try to sail with Captain Cedar. She made the experiance even more special than it was.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

It was a fabulous day to sail. The trip out was fun, everyone had a chance to pilot the boat and view the sights. On the way back the wind picked up and we were all on the edges of our seats literally. The crew was so good there was never a moment of concern. We had the best sail ever.

1  Thank njb28
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We did it as part of the cruise excursion, so we had a great morning sail. On their website, they only had evening tours. In any case, it was a bit more expensive since it was with the cruise, but it was a great experience. We had great wind and I got to participate in the actual sailing. We sailed through the water smoothly. Had a great time, lots of picture opportunities! We sailed by the Rose Island Lighthouse as well. So bonus, no need to visit separately.

2  Thank savvy_traveller175
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had the pleasure of sailing on the Columbia, which won the America's Cup in 1958. The crew was organized and friendly. My husband and I were able to help raise the sail! They offer the option to participate or you are more than welcome to just relax and enjoy the ride. We were fortunate to have perfect weather during our exciting, yet relaxing, sail. The crew is very friendly. This is quite a way to see Newport from the water. A truly special experience and highly recommended!

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I booked this sail because I wanted to take some type of boat tour around Newport and I had never been on a sailboat. I told my husband we were taking a 2 hour sunset sail and he wasn't all that excited because he assumed it would be a boring sail (so did I but I just wanted to see the sights, was less concerned with adventure). Boy were we surprised!!! This sail was A BLAST...we had such an awesome time and it was simply gorgeous out there as well. I snapped some amazing pictures (I attached 2). The crew was entertaining as well! We are definitely going to bring the kids back to do this in a few years when they are old enough. We were on the Columbia and will request the same one again.