“Tiny place..Great big.. Great sandwiches”

Rosemary and Thyme Cafe
Ranked #4 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Chef / Owners Matt & Anna Tscheulin welcome you to visit Rosemary & Thyme , a small artisan style bakery and cafe located in historic downtown Newport, R.I. All our baked goods , pasteries, soups , salads, and atisan sandwiches are scratch made daily in our kitchen . All daily leftovers are donated to our local food pantry. We invite you to spend some time with us
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Trip Advisor posters do it again. Great little sandwich shop. Super friendly staff. Their Viet sandwich version is spot on!

There are newer reviews for Rosemary and Thyme Cafe

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had lunch here on a crowded day but found a table inside in this very small restaurant. There were many locals eating here and all the food was fresh and delicious - salads, wraps, etc.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This establishment is especially enjoyable when there is not as many people standing in line. Do take out if you see many people inside, it is meant to be cozy and is not as enjoyable when cramped with people.

Our Ban Mih, Caprese sandwich, and a pear/arugula salad were perfect. Nothing to add or to to rid off. Prices are a huge plus, as well.

Don't forget to tip :)

1  Thank Dmitri K
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My husbands and I stayed in newport for the first time last week, since we had never been we basically chose our spots to eat by trip advisor. Rosemary and thyme is a very small cafe off the busy Thames street (but only two blocks away) with about 4 tables. We went for lunch around 1 pm on a Wednesday, they told us it would' be a 40 min wait for two sandwiches. We weren't starving and took the chance and waited. Let me tell you it was so worth the wait!! My husband had the "luxenburgh" and I had the "travino" both absolutely scrumptious!! So good that we went back the next day and got sandwiches for our ride home. The choc chip cookies are fantastic as well. Don't miss this place!

1  Thank TNYG412
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I just wanted to put my two cents in about a neighborhood favorite. My wife and I frequently stop in for coffee, pastries, breakfast sandwiches, and lunch sandwiches. We have never been disappointed. There are 4 selections of coffee and about the same selection of breakfast sandwiches. Get there early (before 8:30) because the breakfast sandwiches sell out. If they do, there is always a great selection of pastries. For lunch, the sandwiches are creative and delicious. The Banh Mi was incredible. There is a choice for any taste. The owners are friendly and helpful. It closes at 3, don't miss it!

1  Thank RMC8G