“One of the best in Newport”
Review of The Grill

The Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 243 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Perry Mill
Description: The Grill at Forty 1° North is an exclusive dockside restaurant designed to deliver a fresh, upscale dining and entertainment experience while providing a unique and serene respite from Newport’s bustling waterfront scene. The menu features grilled meats, seafood and raw bar, as well as organic and locally sourced selections. There is an open-air dining area, with individual tables and bar seating surrounding the covered Pavilion. Inviting dockside lounge seating creates a perfect setting to relax with cocktails and conversation. Indoors the Dining Room, Oval Bar and Lounge offer sweeping views of the Harbor in a casual yet elegant setting to enjoy timeless cocktails and our full menu.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have become regulars, mainly through circumstances of a weekly crazy train ride from NY to Providence on Friday nights during the winter, and figure we have had many chances to have a bad experience here. I can say without reservation that this restaurant is one of the best in Newport. Whether you are stopping by for a drink and a nosh at the lovely outdoor bar,opt for the dining room upstairs, or sit in the lounge/bar area next to the fire during the winter, you will not be disappointed. The breakfast/brunch is a well kept secret and the waterside setting is a perfect way to start the day. The service is impeccable, and the staff is very warm, friendly and welcoming. Some standouts: you can never go wrong with the 41 North Eggs Benedict for breakfast (with the filet of beef and lobster); for dinner the highlights are the rack of lamb and dry aged sirloin, and be prepared to indulge yourself with the Black Truffle Tater Tots. There is plenty of seafood from which to choose: oysters, caviar, and the tuna tartar is amazing. The drinks are generous and well prepared. This restaurant is perfect for a celebration or just a casual night out.

1  Thank minette33

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Me and my husband just had our anniversary dinner there on Saturday night. We started with a drink outside. The outside bar and seating is awesome! Can't wait to go there in the summer. We sat at the indoor bar and it was very comfortable. I had raviolis and a salad and my husband had the king crab legs and the filet. Everything we ate was delicious!! The drinks are great too! Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank ninad99
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Seven of my best friends and I had an amazing meal last Friday night at the Grill. Food was on par with some of the best meals I've had in NY and London. Frankly, I was really surprised. Certainly going back again soon. Views of the marina and a beautiful sunset from the bar before dinner didn't hurt the atmosphere, either.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was part of a party of 8 that dined at the Grill and we all thought it was an amazing experience. The menu had a great selection and given the large party we were able to try many items. Everything was prepared to perfection and tasted delicious. The service was great. Our waiter was knowledgeable and attentive and helped us each navigate the menu to end up with the perfect choice. I will certainly be back!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Brunch @ The Grill was excellent. The Eggs Benedict is highly recommended and worth every penny. The Hostess Megan is an angel, extremely attentive without hovering. Darlene is simply the best waitress ever. Neither one bats an eye regarding a special request, or dealing with a difficult & demanding diner (this writer). I was won over by their charm - and the special treat the chef prepared for our table. Didn't want to leave the dining room that day.

Been to The Grill? Share your experiences!