“Excellent Tex Mex!”

CilantroMex
Ranked #176 of 244 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$7 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: At CilantroMex we specialize in fresh, fast and delicious burritos, tacos, and quesadillas. Each and every day our staff prepares our homemade pico de gallo with hand cut garden tomatoes. Our famous guacamole is also prepared fresh daily using 100% Hass avocados, no avocado pulp here! Come in to Cilantro and experience the difference freshness can make.
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Looking for healthy texmex restaurant? Go to Cilantro in Newport: they use fresh ingredients from Whole Foods and you will enjoy for my point of view one of the best mexican restaurant!

Reviewed 24 April 2013

i go there all the time for a good taco or burrito to go
never actually sat down there lol
but i love their selection of fresh ingredients and thats what makes a taco stand out from other tacos you know?
good place!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

Let's face it, I moved here from CA and it's virtually impossible to find great, authentic mexican food in New England. I love a good taco stand that serves great mexican food with little english spoken. Their idea of mexican food around here is ground beef with some taco seasoning.

Having said that, Cilantro does a great job fitting the bill with their carnitas (pork) and all the fixings that are fresh and plentiful. Hubby and I love the pork soft corn tortilla tacos complete with pico de gallo, jalepenos, corn, cilantro, guacamole and lime juice - heaven in RI!! Im disregarding the fact that they serve BBQ pork and curry chicken in a mexican joint. Forgive me, Im a mexican food purist...but hey, I have to take what I can get around here so Ill continue with my Cilantro taco addiction.

Ole!

PS Still looking for some place that serves killer mexican shredded beef!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Very good, fresh and well-spiced.

Portions are quite large and *very* tasty.

Very good value - hard to leave here hungry.

Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

Everything is tasty and filling! A must have! Cilantro all the way! Staff was friendly and it seemed to be really clean.