Motel 6 Newport
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$239
  • Pool
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$259
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$360
US$339
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed here on 3 separate weekend getaways in July 2012, April 2013 and March 2014. I thought this motel was an especially great deal in the summer, as Newport is quite pricey. I stayed on the first floor the first two trips and on the third trip I stayed on the second floor, I found that the room upstairs was more updated and nicely renovated.

I found the hotel staff to be professional. We were not provided with toiletries in our room (shampoo or conditioner) on either trip, this wasn't a big deal because the Walmart was a quick walk away but I thought this was worth mentioning so future guests could pack accordingly.

The hotel distance is in very close proximity to a Walmart and Pizza Hut is within walking distance too.

The area that the hotel is in is a little sketchy, be careful and use common sense when it comes to leaving valuables in the car. A guest's car had been broken into on the April 2013 trip.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor, they seem more updated.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NYCaliKara
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great price for a Saturday night during a holiday weekend, about a third of the price of any other Newport Hotel. Was pleasantly surprised, Staff was great at both check in and check out. Room was newly renovated and very clean. Only complaint is that cleaning carts were left in the hallways at 11pm.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gab40
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We spent two nights Easter weekend. The place is newly renovated. The walls freshly painted, the TV new and the bathroom new. I really like the wood floor as opposed to carpet. The bed was nice and comfortable and the pillows nice and cushy. It's pet friendly and there is a Walmart and Super Stop & Shop right next door. Can't complain about that.

I give this place a 4, as compared to other budget hotels. It was clean and comfortable, and the staff nice and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ccompola
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Not the greatest hotel in which I have every stayed, but of course it is budget. The room was clean. The TV and a light did not work, but to be fair the manager got the TV working, which was nice. A bit of attention to the garden out the front would not be that hard, I think, and may make the place look a whole lot nicer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nemothelonely
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My wife and I had a 6 week vacation driving through 12 US states in Oct and Nov this year. Our road-trip kicked off in Boston and Newport, RI was our first destination. We checked into the Motel 6 at Newport and it was our very first experience of an establishment in the said motel chain.

Being a Motel 6, we more or less knew what to expect - a basic, unpretentious, roof-over-the-head place to sleep. And I am glad to say this Motel 6 met those expectations completely and more.

After many accommodation establishments along the way including other Motel 6s, I can speak with some authority that not all Motel 6s are the same. We presume that they are, simply because they belong to the said chain.

However our experience is that they differ greatly. Admittedly they are all meant to be simple, back-to-basic accommodation and nothing more. But the experience changes dramatically when a guest is welcomed by smiles, or if the building is well cleaned or newer, or simply where it is located near a busy highway or otherwise.

Additionally the type of guests which typically stay at a particular Motel 6 can make your stay good or bad. As an example, the Motel 6 at Cranberry/Mars (Pittsburgh PA) was horrid with lots of truckies. I have absolutely nothing against our valued truckies, but all night long, trucks were either pulling in or out and hence we had a very poor nights sleep. This made driving the next day a chore.

The Motel 6 Newport, RI is a great place to stay and we will not hesitate to stay again. Yes it was next to a main road but we were not bothered by it at all. There is shopping and diners nearby.

I am giving this Motel 6 a 4-rating, not as any suggestion of motel star-classification, but as a reflection that it does what it is supposed to really well. A thumbs up!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple