“What a beautiful day in Newport”
Review of On Watch Sailing

On Watch Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Newport Rhode Island, finest sailing on the East Coast! Let us show you Newport Harbor, with its classic and mega-yachts and picturesque surroundings before venturing onto Narragansett Bay, with its rocky shoreline, lighthouses, beautiful bridge and mansions. With a capacity of up to 6 persons, Lyra sails daily from Newport, Rhode Island, from mid-April through the end of November. We offer private two-hour, half-day and full-day sails as well as advanced sailing instruction.
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Short trip out to the mooring by launch and there we were.
Lovely boat...some conversation and then we were off.
We had such an incredible afternoon with Capt Green on the Lyra.
Green is full of info on the local spots...and this short afternoon on the water turned out to be one of the most wonderful experiences. My wife was absolutely tranquil and Green even turned it into a mini sailing lesson for me...omg...Fathers day present from my wife...sailing lessons....
Thanks ...really!!!

1  Thank Alan R
g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

A and J, it was a pleasure sailing with you. There are times when a trip is very rewarding to me personally and your sail was one. It is a wonderful thing to bring someone new to sailing aboard and watch them fall in love with the experience in such a short period of time. Best to the both of you and may you enjoy a wealth of delightful time on the water!

All reviews
in 30 reviews
"helm"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 7 May 2013

What an epic sail in historic and picturesque Newport, RI!
The Lyra was ideal for the three of us. The Captain, Green, was very knowledgable about the area and an expert on the water. Although we left the harbor with sunny skies and calm winds, Green noticed a fog bank coming in at about 1.5 hours in. We were worried nor did it hamper our trip.
With Green, we had the full experience: some beautiful summer weather plus a taste of sailing reality, the fog bank. On our harbor cruise, we were able to view the sights, handle the helm and lines, as well as sit back and relax.
This is a must do in Newport.

g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Thank you for the review Heidi!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I got to sail with Captain Green Brett on a sunset cruise yesterday. He made the cruise interactive and actually taught me about sailing. I would highly recommend sailing with Captain Brett.

g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

I am glad you had a good time and I enjoyed talking with you. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I went to Newport for our honeymoon. Choosing the perfect captain and boat were very important to me as it was my husbands first time sailing and I wanted him to love it as much as I do. We made the right choice. My husband got to spend some time at the helm and now is hooked on sailing! We also got to see a pod of porpoises which made it so special. The sunset wasn't as great as we had hoped as it was overcast, but we wouldn't have traded anything. Green was the best Captain I have ever sailed with and his boat Lyra, is beautiful.