“Beautiful Harbor sail!”
Review of On Watch Sailing

On Watch Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Newport Rhode Island, finest sailing on the East Coast! Let us show you Newport Harbor, with its classic and mega-yachts and picturesque surroundings before venturing onto Narragansett Bay, with its rocky shoreline, lighthouses, beautiful bridge and mansions. With a capacity of up to 6 persons, Lyra sails daily from Newport, Rhode Island, from mid-April through the end of November. We offer private two-hour, half-day and full-day sails as well as advanced sailing instruction.
Hickory, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Beautiful Harbor sail!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Capt Green loves his job and is a great teacher. He taught us some sailing maneuvers and have us a great tour of the harbor. No trip to Newport is complete without a sail. Treat yourself to a sail, go with Captain Green

Visited September 2013
g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
You girls were a riot, that was a fun sail! P.S. My middle name is classified information.

New York City, New York
“Unforgettable experience!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Captain Green is a absolute class act, and very professional. He chartered my Girlfriend and I (which is now my fiancé after proposing on his sail boat) on the sunset cruise. The views were beautiful and Green also captured our special moment on camera. Totally recommend if you are in the Newport RI area and are looking for a romantic evening, we certainly are coming back!

Visited August 2013
g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
It's very cool to be part of such happy and momentous moments. Congratulations, you make a great looking couple!
Cresskill, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Loved Our Sail”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Hands down our sail with Capt Green Brett was the best part of our Newport weekend. We had so much fun! Capt Green was so cool and we all really hit it off. He was also very knowledgable and answered all of the questions we had. He let us help as much or as little as we wanted too. We will definitely be back to Newport and back on the Lyra!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank susannemiller
g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
I'm so glad you had fun, you guys were a blast!
Houston, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great way to see and learn about Newport!”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Wonderful afternoon of sailing for our family of 4 that included a 9 yo and 11 yo. Mom and Dad relaxed at the front of the boat while Green showed our children how to manage the ropes and steer us around. Everyone got to do exactly what they wanted. When the weather didn't cooperate, he had rain jackets handy and prorated our excursion when we had to go back early. I am prone to motion sickness, but the water was very smooth and I felt great.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Shannon B
g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your time with us on the water. It would have been nice to have a bigger weather window, but at least we go to see most of the sights in the area and to get some good sailing in!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beyond Expectations!”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My Boys and I wanted a True sailing experience and Captain Green fully delivered! Both my sons had a wonderful lesson jibbing, tracking and steering the boat while I watched and took great pictures. They probably learned a full weeks worth of sailing lessons in 3 hours. I give Captain Green a 5 STAR RATING AND WILL DEFINITELY RETURN!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank KTedesco
g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
I'm so glad you had a good time. Every sail is unique and I certainly enjoyed sailing with your boys!