“I'm sailing away”
Review of On Watch Sailing

On Watch Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Newport Rhode Island, finest sailing on the East Coast! Let us show you Newport Harbor, with its classic and mega-yachts and picturesque surroundings before venturing onto Narragansett Bay, with its rocky shoreline, lighthouses, beautiful bridge and mansions. With a capacity of up to 6 persons, Lyra sails daily from Newport, Rhode Island, from mid-April through the end of November. We offer private two-hour, half-day and full-day sails as well as advanced sailing instruction.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Green and Lyra were provided a great experience during a sunset sail last weekend. I had been wanting to get out on a larger keel boat for a while and refresh my skills. My girlfriend made booked us and another couple on a sunset cruise, and arranged for me to take the helm and practice some of my sailing skills. It was a wonderful trip, filled with beautiful sights,weather, and history enjoyed by sailors and non-sailors equally. I would very much recommend Green and Lyra to any who are searching for the sailing experience or just a beautiful way to see Newport.

1  Thank Matthew M
g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Matt, keep up the good work and keep the dream alive. Good luck with your boat search and send me a line if you have any quesitons.

All reviews
in 30 reviews
"helm"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Three couples took to Newport Harbor on Lyra this past weekend for a wonderful afternoon sail. We brought drinks and snacks and Captain Green provided the rest. It was the perfect summer afternoon in Newport. There is so much to see -- the mansions, lovely homes, other gorgeous sailboats, beautiful coastline. Green provided some history and info along the way and allowed up to help (Or not help) as much as we wanted.

A highly recommended experience!

It was a pleasure to have you out on the water, I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was a top notch day trip. Captain Green was warm, friendly, and full of knowledge about local lore and historic places in the area. This was am amazing day of laid back sailing. IF you want to help with the rigging you can, or just sit up front and enjoy the breeze. My husband stired the boat with a huge smile on his face. It was priced right for the area.

g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for the great review! One of my favorite spots on Lyra is up on deck, where you can relax to the sound of the boat cutting through the water. On recent trips this spot has been the best place to be while a lively pod of white-sided Atlantic dolphins played next to us. Thank you for coming sailing!

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Capt Green loves his job and is a great teacher. He taught us some sailing maneuvers and have us a great tour of the harbor. No trip to Newport is complete without a sail. Treat yourself to a sail, go with Captain Green

g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

You girls were a riot, that was a fun sail! P.S. My middle name is classified information.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Captain Green is a absolute class act, and very professional. He chartered my Girlfriend and I (which is now my fiancé after proposing on his sail boat) on the sunset cruise. The views were beautiful and Green also captured our special moment on camera. Totally recommend if you are in the Newport RI area and are looking for a romantic evening, we certainly are coming back!

g8brett, Owner at On Watch Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

It's very cool to be part of such happy and momentous moments. Congratulations, you make a great looking couple!