We booked our room for July 4th weekend. Going in, I knew that there was a lot for this quaint little hotel to live up to. We were paying quite a bit for a standard room and no pool on-site during the month of July.
Upon arriving, we felt like we were the only guests at the hotel. The staff was extremely personable and made us feel like we were the only guests staying there. We stayed in the Victorian room and it had beautiful detail; true to Victorian style. The view had the beach on one side and the front of the hotel on the other. Shades on the windows were excellent for light prevention.
The little unique details in the room really made it shine. A gas fire place, heated tile floors in the bathroom, molton brown products, and a s'more making kit to use downstairs. Voss water was continuously stocked complimentary in the refrigerator and the chocolates from housekeeping were gourmet (new kinds each night).
We woke up to a beautiful view of cliff walk and "first beach". Naturally, we gravitated toward a daily routine of having breakfast at the Spice Pear and a walking cliff-walk.
The front desk always knew what we were doing, but not in an invasive way. They always asked how we liked our activities and took interest. Towels were always provided for the beach. Waters were always provided by staff before we left for the day/night. The valets sometimes had waters waiting in our cars cup holder (so attentive!). The valets are such a great group (very personable and always on time).
An unspoken hero was housekeeping. Our room always felt brand new and clothing was always folded. Not once did we need to request new waters from downstairs, it was always checked and stocked.
There are two small things that I would point out for improvement. The property could seriously use a hammock. Also, I didn't see a presence of security, which might have very well been present (just out of sight). One night we returned late to an empty lobby so I am unsure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning historic mansion hotel located on the famous Cliff Walk in Newport, Rhode Island. Boasting 20 elegant guestrooms, each custom designed around a particular historical period or theme, this luxury hotel allows breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and Easton’s Beach, setting the mood for a truly relaxing and enjoyable vacation. The award-winning Spiced Pear Restaurant and luxurious in-room spa treatments combine to make this boutique hotel the perfect setting for a romantic retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Chanler at Cliff Walk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chanler At Cliff Walk Hotel Newport
- Chanler At Cliff Walk Newport