“Newport Dinner Train”

Newport & Narragansett Bay Railroad - Dinner Train
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Went on The Newport Dinner Train with my children for "The Great Train Robbery"; we had a lovely time! My children (8 & 12) enjoyed the show immensely, and my husband and I had a fun time watching as well. The food was delicious (we both ordered ribs, they fell right off the bone, yum) and the staff was friendly and helpful. They even offered my children ice cream sundaes from The Ice Cream Train as a dessert in lieu of the cheesecake, which they were thrilled about. The Bay at sunset was beautiful as well. Would recommend!

1  Thank Barbara L

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife and I took the romance the rails package and we're extremely disappointed. The food was good, not great. The scenery was sorely lacking. For two hours we were treated to great views of industrial areas, backs of restaurants, the working area of a navy base and miles and miles of green weeds and overgrowth, telephone poles, RV storage areas, embankments, you name it. Out of two hours, we maybe saw 10 minutes of the bay....maybe.

So, while in Newport, do something else!

4  Thank Steve K
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were in RI for a week vacation, with 2 children ages 4 & 2 we saw the add for this and thought it would be a fun dinner to get the kids out of the house. The ticket prices were $27 per adult and $20 per child, so all in all we spent almost $100 for this train ride. The ride did include pizza (1 slice) and a drink (1 drink only) and an ice cream sundae. While the staff was very friendly, the food and actual train ride was a huge disappointment. The pizza was cold and tough, the soda was flat, and the train ride consisted of views of a broken down ship, rusty pipes and old military buildings. There were a few minutes where you could see the bay, but nothing too spectacular. All in all, I feel it was way over priced and my money could have been better spent elsewhere. Don't waste your time or money.

4  Thank Sarah1517
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We decided to do the dinner train for our anniversary. We received an extra glass of wine along with passes to a winery and the staff sang to us when they served dessert. Very cute.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

The Newport Dinner Train is an outstanding family getaway while vacationing on Aquidneck Island or even if you are a local. Fit4Mom Newport also known as Stroller Strides of Newport coordinated a family night out for its members with the assistance of the outstanding staff during an extremely busy time of the year. In December, Newport Dinner Train held a "Polar Express" event that re-created some of the memorable events from the movie including Hot Chocolate, a visit to the North Pole, Caroling, and a visit from Santa and Mrs. Clause. The families had a blast. In addition, I have enjoyed the Dinner and train ride with my family and it was just as memorable as the Polar Express night. We love Newport Dinner Train and it's a constant recommendation to friends and family. A Must Go!