Wyndham Inn on Long Wharf
The Attwater(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$168
Hotels.com
Newport Harbor Hotel & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$632
  • Restaurant
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$328
Travelocity
US$435
US$605
Mill Street Inn(Newport)(Great Value!)
US$234
TripAdvisor
All reviewsliving roomtime sharewashington streetfull size refrigeratordaily roomvacation resortstove toppicture windowburner cooktoplobster shackspecial shoutshort walkmini kitchenan indoor outdoor poolgranite countersgalley kitchenwalking distance from everything
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2010

I went to see the Mansions decorated for Christmas my sister got a time share at the Wyndam. When I knew where we were staying I looked it up to see the reviews. After reading them on trip advisor I wasnt really looking forward to the stay, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. We had an efficency two bedroom two bath with pull out in the living room. The place was clean warm and nice looking. We only stayed for the weekend but we all had no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank sonyamattila
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Great Location, wonderful views from your room. The pool which is located across the street is wonderful. You can go swim outdoors year round. This is by far our favorite place to go. My only complaint was room service. They were standing out in the hall over an hour before check out waiting for you to leave that is after they walked into your room with waiting for you to answer. When we told them check out was at eleven and we weren't leaving before they took up camp in the hall right outside our door. Could use more comfortable matteresses also. We ran out to Walmart to purchase a mattress pad because the bed was very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randall922
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I have stayed at the Inn on Long Wharf several times, our last visit being at the end of August of 2010. We continue to go back because of the location and the views. We were actually pleasantly surprised to find that the bathroom had been completely renovated. Thank goodness!! The previous bathroom was horrible. The new bathroom was decorated very nicely. There were no other updates to the units themselves, but again, there have been improvements over previous years. You have to check in across the street. You also have access to the pool. We encountered a towel shortage at the pool. We had to wait about 15 minutes for towels - my kids were anxiously waiting. Speaking of towels, they are also hard to come by in the rooms, too. Of course, we all want to be been green and reuse towels, but there really are not enough for a weeklong stay. There is no daily cleaning. We removed our trash daily and left it outside of the room. We did request new towels a few times, as well as paper products. They were delivered promptly.

Overall, a nice stay. We love the location and the ever-changing harbor view.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I stayed here in September for a long weekend. The property is one of four Wyndham timeshare properties in the area.

Location: The far end of Long Wharf, downtown Newport. If driving here, its a very simple right turn off Thames street just past the Marriott Hotel. The location is really nice. You are a short walk from the Gateway Center which is a tourist office and bus depot. Bowen's Wharf, Thames Street, many of the churches and restaurants are no more than a few minutes from the property on foot. You are not close to the mansions, but can get there by trolley from the Gateway Center. There is a decent Irish Bar, Celtica, right near the property, although there is little else right on Long Wharf.

Check in: Very important to know that you have to check in at the property across the street. Both are Wyndhams and the desk is just around the corner. The check in was very quick and the desk clerks were thorough in explaining the amenities.

Property: The overall impression you get upon entering the property is that its old and tired. The entry is through the parking garage. There used to be a lobby/sales office on the 2nd floor, but that's all been blocked off. The elevator is slow, but there are only five floors. Parking is free. It can get very tight though on busy weekends. Make sure to have your parking permit as the property sometimes offers parking to the public and employ an attendant to collect parking charges from non-guests

Room: The room is a long floor plan with the bed right at the front. The living room is furthest from the door, but offers nice views of the harbor. There is a small kitchenette with a burner, fridge and microwave. The couch in the living room is a sofabed. Inside the closet, you will find a large bag with all the sleeping materials for the sofabed. The bathroom is large with a jacuzzi tub. The mattress is really, really, really firm. If you like that you will be in heaven. There are flat screen TVs in the bedroom and living room and a DVD player.

One of my problems that I did report to management was in the bathroom. Ants. There was a small crack in the grout at the base of the tile and the ants were coming in through there. As it was my last day in the hotel, there wasn't much else to do about it. But there were six or seven running around in the bathroom.

Amenities: You get a free USA Today on weekdays and the ProJo on weekends. The property across the street where you check in is where the amenities are located and guests of this property may use them. Pool, business center, game room, barbecue area, movie cinema and fitness center. Wireless internet is available in the rooms and free.

Service: Very little interaction other than check-in and check out. The rooms are not cleaned every day as in most hotels. But if you need more towels or toiletries, they will be happy to help. In fact, the housekeeper stopped by to ask if we needed anything. Everyone that I came across was pleasant.

Overall: I enjoyed staying here except for the ants. Enjoyed the location and the view. Probably should have asked if I could get a weekday ProJo instead of the USA Today. This end of Long Wharf can look a bit spooky after hours due to some of the closed storefronts down this way. But the area is safe and problem free. I will likely stay here again, although I certainly hope that the association gets an exterminator in there.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I read the below posts about this hotel being not so clean, and I was skeptical
to go there, but once there I was pleasantly suprised. Our unit was a one bedroom,
cute little kitchen nice amenities etc. The pool has both indoor and outdoor pools
and several hot tubs attached. There is also a small gym which we didnt use.
Once block walk to shops and restaurants. 2 block to all the activities of the Wharfs.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple