“Amazing view and "outdoor" seating”

The Port Seafood Bar & Grille
Ranked #63 of 234 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Full service restaurant and bar with Harbor views and live entertainment on weekends.
Saint Peters
“Amazing view and "outdoor" seating”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

First - We stumbled on to this restaurant looking for a place to enjoy a cocktail on last night of a week long trip. The bar tending was friendly and spot on. The bartender even created a requested drink for us. We normally vacation in the Keys - and this place captured some of that feel.

Second - Most everywhere in the restaurant is good for enjoying the sea and sunset. Spectacular.

Third - we ended up staying all evening. My feeling about the food may be obscured by several Rum Rummers (which were outstanding - on the rocks). But the Clam Chowder was really good. I enjoyed the chicken wings. The rest of my group liked their meals. OK - I realize that isn't very convincing on the food - but I had such a great time and the atmosphere is so perfect for the summer - I will take any decent food.

I may plan a trip back to Newport simply to "play" here again. Everybody in my group had a great time including my senior age parent and my 4 young teen nieces and nephews.

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Fresh seafood and great entertainment”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We found ourselves in Newport for an impromptu day-cation and after wandering around the shops for a while we had worked up an appetite. The Port isn't the easiest place to find, but finding it is worth it. We stumbled upon it as we were walking and were instantly drawn to it because we could hear someone playing guitar. We were seated over looking the water, basking in the good weather. Great drinks, fresh seafood and live entertainment with a view that you just can't beat. We had a crab cake appetizer that melted in your mouth and then we each had a lobster dish. Everything was delicious and the wait staff was helpful and friendly. I'd go back next time I'm down that way, for sure.

1 Thank Alyssa K
Boston, MA
“yuckaroo”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you enjoy stale bread and microwavable food than by all means eat there. I, on the other hand hate spending $70 unauthentic food.

Visited June 2014
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Great spot!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place is nice and hidden, right on the docks with a great view. Love the outdoor seating and the food was good too. Tried the lobster tacos because I've never seen that variation of lobster before and they were good but I expected more flavor. Boyfriend got the prime rid sandwich. Good, but not as good as it sounded on the menu.

Norton, Massachusetts
“Great food.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Fish and chips great. Stake tip and shrimp with corn and mashed poato; perfect! Calimari is the best iv ever had!! Definatly check this place out