“Yum!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We wanted to have fresh lobster anniversary ate lobster three meals here, sat inside for lunch and AC and then on the porch in the coolness of evening @ sunset. Great location, perfectly cooked FRESH lobster, and friendly service. Loved the lobster on mixed greens! We didn't have to shell it and it was sweet and fresh! Yum!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My family and I went specifically to Newport, RI from Boston, MA because of great reviews for this restaurant. Big mistake. We were seated out on the balcony and had a great view. We started by ordering drinks and some appetizers. Drinks seems like there were watered down and the appetizers were, eh, ok. One of us ordered fried clams and they were tough and extremely greasy. I got the burger with lobster and before I could take the first bit, the bun fell apart. Fries were also soggy and greasy. The service was good and balcony section was clean. Don't think it was worth the money we spent. There are other places within walking distance and suggest you try those instead.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The tables on the deck of this casual restaurant provide an excellent view of the Newport Harbor activity. The seafood here is good, particularly the Lobster roll, It seemed a little pricey for the very rustic and casual venue. Service definitely needs some work.

1  Thank Stone13
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I wanted to have fresh lobster on this trip.. and this is where to get it. The lobsters are in front on display..(live). The restaurant is in back on the water. You can ask to be in or outside.
We went on a Friday evening and waited about 10 min to sit. I had stuffed quahogs..So GOOD! for an appetizer... then a small boiled lobster.. It was perfect!!!

Someone else at my table had clams casino, for an appetizer and those didn't look very good to me, they had a slice of cheese on top that hadn't melted..

Everything else ordered was very good, fish and chips, and chowder.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had a warm lobster roll and my friend had the standard cold lobster roll. Both were divine. We loved sitting outdoors and enjoying the ships moored in the harbor nearby. We had lots of good seafood in Newport, but this was a cut above.

Been to The Lobster Bar? Share your experiences!