“Phenomenal”

Newport Tour & Guide
Ranked #14 of 52 Tours in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide private driving tours of Newport, RI, the most historically intact city in the United States. Whether you are traveling alone, as a couple, or with thirty-five friends, Newport Tour & Guide offers an experience that is both relaxing and informative, providing a rare insight into this City by the Sea. Our guides are all local, well trained, and have a prodigious knowledge of Newport history. Our private tours include over a dozen opportunities to stop and visit historical sites, not just drive by. Our special license allows us unlimited versatility in both our tours and routes, and we can stop at a moment's notice for photography, culinary delights, rest stops, or shopping, wherever and whenever our clients wish. If there's someplace you want to spend more time, it's your tour, and your choice.
“Phenomenal”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Tammy and Sam are the best of the best. Not only did they take their time but they knew all the details and the little stories you could not read in books. Having two locals showing us around was ideal!! We will come back to Newport and we will have another private tour. It is so worth it. My wife and I cannot stop talking about all the things we learned from Tammy and Sam. Their sense of humor and their friendliness are a plus. And the snack they served us on fancy china plates was to die for. Our tour lasted a bit more than an hour and a half, we never felt rushed and we wanted to go back the next day. This private tour is a MUST!!!! The bestest!!!!

Visited September 2013

Newport, Rhode Island
“Newport at Its Best!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I frequently have the opportunity to host international visitors in Newport. On two recent occasions, I have used Newport Tour & Guide to provide our tours. Our guide Sam was gracious, patient and entertaining as she shared her extensive knowledge of Newport with our guests. She worked easily with an interpreter and accommodated those on the tour with limited English. Our visitors were impressed by her warmth and ability to welcome them to this beautiful city regardless of language barriers. They thoroughly enjoyed Sam's informative and anecdotal narrative covering all the major sites. I highly recommend Newport Tour & Guide.

Visited July 2013
Vienna, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best way to tour Newport!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

A group of 8 adults went on this tour in mid August and we had a great time. The ability to tailor the tour to your own preferences and interests was fantastic. Sam and Tammy know all there is to know about Newport, and the historic stories shared were paired with their own personal experiences of living in Newport for many years. We could get out of the van whenever we wanted to relax, tour, or take photos. We ended up doing a tour of the Marble House on the Cliff Walk - WOW - definitely worth your time whether you do it during the tour or on your own time. Newport is definitely an incredible place, and the only way to see it through the eyes of locals is with Tammy and Sam! Would definitely recommend this to anyone spending any amount of time in Newport.

Visited August 2013
Portland, Maine
“Awesome tour of Newport”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

While staying in Newport this past weekend, our inn keeper suggested we take a tour with Newport Tour & Guide. Are we glad we did! What an amazing city. It is just loaded with fascinating history. Tammy and Sam were so much fun! And having our own private vehicle was fantastic. We were able to ask questions and get out whenever we wanted. We ended up on the Cliff Walk, it was spectacular. I highly recommend this company, we are still talking about it!

Visited August 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“One of my favorite tours that I've taken....locally and abroad.”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Twice I have used Newport Tour and Guide when I have had out of town guests visiting, and they wanted to experience the history and culture of my great city. (I've lived in Newport for over 30 years and I actually have learned a lot of the town's history just from taking the tours with my guests). The tours can be customized to your interests whether it is Colonial or Gilded Age history. Also, for those that want to walk part of the Cliff Walk and hear great information and local lore, that can be included too. Sam, the tour guide that I had both times, knows her stuff and the stories she shares will hold everyones attention - never has 2 - 3 hours flown by so quickly. I highly recommend this company - great people, a clean air-conditioned van that will pick you up and bring you back to your lodging, and interesting, fun facts that make Newport so special. Kathy MacKnight, Newport, RI

Visited June 2013

Been to Newport Tour & Guide? Share your experiences!