“Good Experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Had dinner here recently. Food & service were all very good. The restaurant was busy on a quiet Tuesday night in Newport, after dining here, I understand why.

We would return here on our next visit to Newport.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

When I was looking for a restaurant for dinner and I saw that Mamma Luisa's had a 25 rating from Zagat I knew this was the place to go. It is off the beaten path of all the restaurants in Newport but well worth the walk. The restaurant is very quaint and charming and I felt as if I were having dinner at friend's house in Italy. Our waiter was very attentive and funny making dinner a memorable evening we still talk about. The food was superb with perfectly sized portions and Mamma Luisa's is now one of my favorite restaurants. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Halfway between NYC and Boston you would hope for better Italian food. Every dish was serviceable, none inspiring. At the prices they charge for food, and even more for wine, I expect more than workmanlike preparation. 4 people, 4 appetizers, 4 entrees, 4 disappointments.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner and great service at Mamma Luisa.
A little off the beaten path but well worth the walk to the end of Thames Street. Be sure to make a reservation if you are planning to eat here.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This place is a bit farther down Thames than most of the restaurants, but totally worth the drive/walk. Look past the very dated decor and dive in. Service and food are great!