“Fabulous Lunch!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
USA
“Fabulous Lunch!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The wife and I dropped in at the Midtown Oyster Bar in Newport. It was #40 out of a couple hundred on Tripadvisor, but they were there and we were hungry. LOVED THIS PLACE! We were there midday, midweek and it wasn't crowded. Service was excellent and very quick. Liquor choices were very nice (They had Oban!). And the food was expertly prepared. I had the Salmon Ceviche and the wife did their tomato/basil salad with fresh mozzarella. Divine! Oh, and we started the whole thing by downing a dozen South Bay Oysters which were buttery in flavor and worth every penny!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Scranton, PA, USA
“Busy but just OK.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stopped for dinner one evening and found it to be satisfactory but not special. The food service was very good however. Bar scene was not as well handled. Actually thought the pricing was a bit high for the quality of the wines and food offered.

Carnelian Bay, Ca
“they got it join' on................”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

So glad our harbor boat guide let us in on this locals' favorite. Everything here was fabulous. Scallop dinner, shrimp salad, for dinner, although our server was not so attentive, focused on a party of locals. Grandson forgot his sweatshirt on a chair and it was available at the hostess stand the next day.

Lunch the next day of steak sandwich and blackened swordfish salad was equally impressive with a bonus good server Bridget.

Thank you to our harbor tour captain for a great find, steps away from our hotel Wyndham Inn on the Harbor.

Sandys Parish, Bermuda
“Quick lunch was just what we needed!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Stopped in for a quick lunch on a recommendation from a friend of ours. The place was very tastefully decorated...rustic with a touch of coastal (that's how I saw it). I had a dozen oysters which were out of this world good. The waitress was brilliant...they were out of some oysters that I wanted and she came back and spoke to me about what I liked and made a great recommendation. Thanks!!! Being from Bermuda, I love our national drink...Dark and Stormy! The only good Dark and Stormy is made with Gosling's Black Rum and Gosling's Ginger Beer...any other type of Ginger Beer and you can't call it a proper Dark and Stormy. Well, they have a Dark and Stormy on the menu and call it a Marc and Stormy...all the proper ingredients plus a touch of pineapple juice! I was skeptical...but after having one, then two, then three...I was sold. It was a great variation. I think I'll be back for more oysters and more Marc & Stormy's...

Visited August 2014
Hartford, Connecticut
“Delicious Oysters”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I stopped here Monday for oysters and appetizers. We sat on the upper patio which had a nice view of Thames Street. The oysters we had were unreal, easily the best I've ever had. We also had a crab salad (I think) appetizer which I thought was good, my husband thought it was outstanding. We didn't stay for dinner but I would absolutely go back to try dinner. The only reason I'm giving this 4 stars not 5 is because even though it was fairly quiet when we got there, service was a little bit slower, but that could be because it's a vacation spot and they don't want you to feel rushed. Totally worth the trip!