“Wonderful”

Beech Tree Inn and Cottage
Ranked #3 of 95 Newport B&B and Inns
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

We came on Saturday and leaving on Monday and I am having a wonder full stay despite the weather the room is spacious with a terrace and a large bath with a jacuzzi the staff is tops and the breakfast is delicious with a variety of choices. It's located near all the sights and easy to get to. The Inn is immaculate throughout the Inn definetly would recommend this to everyone.

Stayed September 2012
2 Thank 359

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 September 2012

After looking around for a place to spend our long weekend in Newport, we settled on the Beech Tree Inn and couldn't have been happier with our selection. The innkeeper was very friendly and helpful with giving our the "local insight" of places to visit in Newport. The B&B was clean, our room was very comfortable and the breakfast was very good; though, I am not sure about the tag line of "biggest breakfast in town". The only downside is that our room did not have a flat screen TV as shown in some of the pictures, which was a bit of a disappointment.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms on the first floor as you will hear people come in and out of the building.
2 Thank Jose S
Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My partner and I spent three beautiful days in Newport (her favorite place) to celebrate our anniversary. After looking online at numerous places to stay, we decided on the Beech Tree Inn. First of all, I loved the look of the rooms and the feeling of the house. Second, the prices were great. Third, I had a lovely conversation with the owner, who was friendly and very charming. My partner and I decided to stay two nights in a smaller room, and then have our final night in the nicest suite.

Since we went in March when it was not as crowded, the lovely owner upgraded us to their most beautiful suite for the entire time. His sincere hospitality was incredibly refreshing. Our room was clean, beautiful, incredibly big, and perfect for an anniversary. With an electric fireplace, our own balcony, and a spacious bathroom, it was a gorgeous room.

The breakfasts were also fabulous. They had juices and cereals galore, as well as personalized breakfast choices. We both fell in love with the waffles.

The parking was also great. It was a 10 minute (very scenic) walk from the center of Newport, surrounding by beautiful other houses.

My partner and I will definitely stay at the Beech Tree Inn again! My parents are visiting Newport soon and they have already decided to stay at the Beech Tree Inn as well.

A wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Choose the red room or the blue room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anne H
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2012

This was Our fourth visit to the Beech Tree Inn & it stands, as ever, a Remarkable place to be Home away from Home. Everyone there puts forth Their best & it is reflected in every space. Breakfast spans an hour & a half period of time offering the Early Birds & the Sleepers-In plenty of time to enjoy the great selections of food presented. The beds are most comfortable & the rooms are equipped with all necessities. The Owner takes great Care in welcoming Everyone & One can feel His Love of People & His Bed & Breakfast reflects this Love. All in all a Marvelous place to be!

Room Tip: All are Wonderful!
3 Thank flashtimm
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Beach Tree Inn with another couple for the weekend. We were greeted by the male host (I apologize – I can’t remember his name), who was friendly and helpful. Our room (303) was extremely clean and comfortable. The Jacuzzi in the bathroom was very large, but unfortunately, that does take away quite a bit of space from the bathroom. On the third floor, there is a community kitchen area, which is great if you want to store food, drinks, etc. in the refrigerator.

One downfall of the B&B is the location. They’re a bit far from the downtown area. The last Newport B&B we stayed in was much closer to the harbor area, which we preferred.

And then there is what has now been affectionately named the “egg incident.” During our first morning at the inn, my husband and I walked down to breakfast. The dining area was full, so we had to wait. We’ve stayed at several B&B’s and never had to wait to be seated for breakfast, but we were still waiting for our friends, so it wasn’t much of an issue. After waiting a while for a table, we decided to sit at their outside dining area. When I asked the waitress for tea, she said she couldn’t bring it to me. Instead, I had to get it myself inside. Okay, not a huge deal, but I still wouldn’t label this as “excellent service.” They offer several different options for breakfast. As we ordered our meals, the men in our group each asked for an egg with their French toast. The waitress said the kitchen wouldn’t do that. They either had to order French toast or an egg – not both. When a patron is spending $350 a night to stay at your B&B, I don’t think an egg is an unreasonable request. After waiting quite a while for breakfast, the waitress brought out two plates, but immediately took back the one, saying it was the wrong order. After a couple of minutes, they then took the second plate off of our table because it was someone else’s breakfast. I wouldn’t be too happy to find out my breakfast had sat in front of another customer for a few minutes before it was brought to me. After a little while, they brought out two plates again for our friends. They were about halfway through their meals when mine and my husband’s arrived. However, they forgot our home fries and had to bring them out separately. The meals were an average size, but the inn boasts serving “Newport’s biggest breakfast.” Maybe they were serving smaller portions because it was a busy weekend. Maybe there was an egg shortage. I don’t know. Fortunately, breakfast the next morning wasn’t as painful, but we still couldn’t get an extra egg with our average-sized meals.

Anyway, we love Newport and will definitely be back, but probably won’t stay at the Beech Tree Inn again.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Just what I want from a B&B. The place is immaculately clean, the room was fine, the bed comfortable, the breakfast fresh off the grill.

Also the host was as helpfull as can be and very freindly.

Overall a great B&B

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JohnL10
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Loved it with my family! Rates for room with jacuzzi were a bit high but it is really worth it! Good breakfast!!! Great people! Very Nice service!!! Will be coming back again!!!

Room Tip: Book in advance cause of limited number of rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family