“One of our favorites”

Sharon, Vermont
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We came here twice during our week in Newport. The extent of their menu makes it easy to come back and order something completely different from previous times. The food was delicious. Our only complaint was the service was slow at times.

• Visited November 2013

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“A good nite out”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had a really nice evening here. OK so people complain about extensive menu, but hey, have a drink and choose at your leisure. Our food was of a good standard and not overly expensive. The staff were friendly, helpful and had a sense of humour so we could have a bit of banter, which makes the experience that much more enjoyable. Thanx!!

• Visited October 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Reasonable but not very interesting”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

There is nothing wrong with Red Parrot. The food is good, the environment comfortable, a bit noisy. We were disappointed, though, because it appears to be more of a chain restaurant than a Newport restaurant, which we were looking for. The menu is very large. There is not an emphasis on seafood, which we expected in Newport. It is like Ruby Tuesdays or The Cheesecake Factory – good food but not particularly original or exciting. I gave it an average rating because there are a lot more around like it. I was looking for local.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank NEcm104
North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Completed our day!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Even though we picked it from TA, our hotel recommended it.Food was excellent and our waiter..also excellent. My wife had pan sear scallops and rice...she loved it. I had coconut shrimp with mashed sweet potatoes...incredible flavour. Will go back here again as there was LOTS of great items to choose from.

• Visited November 2013
Reading, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Food/Terrible Service”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had scallops with mashed sweet potatoes and spinach. Absolutely delicious. Husband enjoyed French onion soup, followed by coconut chicken. He enjoyed both. Large servings.
Service was about the worst I've ever experienced, however. I asked for bread as my husband ordered his soup. I sipped my wine as I watched hubby consume and finish his (served hot) soup five minutes before I finally got up to look for our waitress...because twenty minutes later I still didn't have bread and I was starving...and waitress had disappeared. I found another waitress and told her that I needed our waitress to bring us bread. About five minutes later, the other waitress was serving a table in front of us and when I asked (again) for the bread; she said she'd found our waitress in the kitchen and told her. (Our table was approximately ten feet from the kitchen.) Our waitress finally appeared WITH OUR DINNERS ....and our bread. (I wouldn't need bread now as I had my real food and lots of it.) At this point, my husband handed her the menus that she'd not removed twenty or thirty minutes earlier when she'd taken our order. She said to hold on them please as she served our dinners. Then she disappeared again. I wanted water.... and no wait staff in sight for quite a while. Several minutes later, the three servers all came out carrying trays of water to our table and others. Keep in mind that this restaurant was NOT crowded at all (maybe six tables of diners) and there were at least three servers. It was Halloween and our waitress was dressed as a vampire...I'm not sure why as this does not seem to be a children's fast food place....So, I had the feeling that the wait staff felt this was all about them ... and not about the customer's comfort and satisfaction.

• Visited October 2013