“Great Place”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I went by this restaurant on a weekday so it wasn't busy. I sat at the bar and was immediately waited on. I ordered the surf & turf, which was filet mignon with crab meat on top. It was delicious! I highly recommend this place if you are in the area. The customer service was great!

There are newer reviews for Red Parrot Restaurant

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We sat at 2nd floor bar which was perfect. Bartender named PJ was excellent. Perfect Martinis bruised until they were well chilled. Oysters, salads and very tender swordfish Mediterranean were very good. It was a great evening.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

There are so many bar/restaurant choices in Newport, and having been to many of them I have a good grasp of which are the better ones, and which should be avoided. The Red Parrot is one of the best! While it has a casual, inviting atmosphere, the service and food is fantastic. My wife and I were there alone for a quick appetizer and a few glasses of wine. We sat at the second floor bar where the bar tenders were very professional and friendly. Red Parrot is definitely family friendly...can't wait to come back soon with the kids!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is one of my favorite places to go to eat in Newport. I love the rasta pasta and the surf and turf. The drinks here are amazing thanks to one of the best bartenders Nate. The place is three stories so waiting for a table is not much of an issue and it's right in the heart of Newport!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We enjoyed the Red Parrot but it wasn't our favorite place to eat in Newport. The atmosphere is nice but nothing exciting. It's a quiet, cozy place to eat. The service was great and the staff were very helpful and accommodating. They have a big variety of items on their menu which is nice if you are in a big group and want to eat somewhere where everyone can find something they will like. The food is good but didn't stand out to me. While everything was good it just wouldn't be our first pick for somewhere to eat in Newport.