“An amazing sail!”

America's Cup Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: America's Cup Charters is Newport, RI's premier sailing company chartering the legends of the America's Cup trophy. We’ve been chartering the America's Cup legends since 1986. We also offer daily ticketed sails for individuals. Our fleet includes the illustrious Intrepid - the two time winner of the coveted America's Cup trophy, Weatherly - winner of the America's Cup and also one of the few yachts listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Ted Hood's infamous Nefertiti, and former ocean racer Ted Turner's champion and America's Cup contender American Eagle. Race, train, or just relax aboard the legendary 70' long 12-Meter Class yachts. This can be an interactive hands-on experience, no sailing experience necessary, or a casual relaxing sail. Each yacht has a captain and two crew members on board to interact with our guests. We give people the chance to feel what it's like to be part of an America's Cup experience. The protected waters and predictable breezes of Narragansett Bay make for a comfortable racing and cruising experience.
Greenwich, Connecticut
“An amazing sail!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I took a ride on the Weatherly this Summer with my cousin and my uncle. The ride was so cool especially when we were out of the harbor! I learned a lot while on the boat and had a great experience. Mr. Hill and his crew were wonderful! I would definitely reccomend a charter on the Weatherly. It was a great boat ride and I will remember it for a long time.

Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A sail to remember”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The ride on the Weatherly was amazing. I am 11 years old and I went with my cousin who is the same age. We both had a fantastic time! It is something I will remember for a very long time. Captain Hill and his crew were very nice to us. I learned a lot.

Connor Freeman
Columbia, SC

Visited June 2013
4 Thank JCF1966
Julie L, Manager at America's Cup Charters, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
We loved having you guys on board. It's always a pleasure for us to have younger passengers sail with us. Our goals is to make it a memorable experience for you so you'll find a love for sailing and enjoy being on the water for a lifetime. Let us know when you're old enough to crew on one of our boats!
Tarifa, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A memorable sail”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

George and his crew on Weatherly were fantastic. We were under sail within moments of casting off and the crew involved all that were keen to help. If you are in the area I would highly recommend getting out on a 12m (especially Weatherly) as in addition to the experience of sailing on an "America's Cup Winner" the view from the sea is the best way to see Newport.

1 Thank bensurfs
St. John, New Brunswick, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Birthday Sail”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Our evening sail aboard Weatherly couldn't have been better! The boat is beautiful and the crew warm and inviting. George's command of his vessel makes the ride thoroughly enjoyable for all.

Los Angeles, California
“We won the regatta!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

During the Annual Family Office and Wealth Management Forum, July 22-24, we boarded Weatherly for the annual regatta. Captain George Hill was at the helm. Quite amazing to race on a boat that won the Americas Cup in 1962 applauded by JFK!

And we won the race with all the other 12 Meters! WOW!

That sailboat is just so gracious and fast! And the crew was awesome. Be ready to participate ! It's so much fun!